Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

On 1/28/2019 at 12:37 PM, seaofred92 said:

FWIW I heard this is officially done and Moos will be removed. 

This all seems crazy in retrospect.  Really sad if people besmirched someone that is turning into one of our best ADs to protect a likable bball coach.  Too much of a coincidence that these Moos rumors began when the basketball team started to fail and it looked likely that Moos would fire Miles.  In the end the right thing happened since Moos is still here, Miles is gone and Hoiberg is in.  I doubt we'll hear more negative Moos rumors during his tenure.  Unfortunately this probably soured things for Moos and he won't stay as long as he planned.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

So, now that Hoiberg has been hired, are we going to get another fresh round of unfounded rumors about how Moos is on tenuous footing and there is all sorts of discord in the AD? Or will we have to wait until after Moos has also guided us through renovations of the football facilities. I mean it's obvious that Mr.Moos is on very shaky ground and could be let go at any minute :lol:

Depends on when 247, Sharp and Benning, or the OWH need a bump in traffic. 

21 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Depends on when 247, Sharp and Benning, or the OWH need a bump in traffic. 

Remember it will all start with something really vague...

"Mhmmmm, well, listen...listen...listen.  I know where you are going and I agree to a point...but...but...listen...listen listen...there is more to the story than is out there right now and that is all I can say right now"

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

• Hire hometown golden boy Scott Frost - check

• Hire bona fide new basketball coach with roots/connection to Lincoln - check

• Start on a massive top of the line facilities upgrade - coming soon

• Resurrect the baseball program with a new hire - TBD

• Have a statue built and ride off into the sunset - TBD

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Two great hires obviously.  Has the university ever thrown the kind of numbers they did at Hoiberg for a bball coach before?  No.  No they have not.  Regardless 2 really good hires by Moos.

Big contracts are what it takes today. Glad we have an AD who understands that.

• Plus1 3
56 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Exactly.  I agree with this 1000%.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Remember it will all start with something really vague...

"Mhmmmm, well, listen...listen...listen.  I know where you are going and I agree to a point...but...but...listen...listen listen...there is more to the story than is out there right now and that is all I can say right now"

My brain automatically read that in Damon's voice :laughpound

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Unless the program tanks big time, I don’t see Erstad going anywhere in the foreseeable future. I get the feeling Moos likes him. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Unless the program tanks big time, I don’t see Erstad going anywhere in the foreseeable future. I get the feeling Moos likes him. 

Erstad's been here longer than Miles and has barely accomplished more. Moos has shown he's not f#&%ing around with expectations - I think Erstad has this year and next to do something really impressive before he's out.

22 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Erstad's been here longer than Miles and has barely accomplished more. Moos has shown he's not f#&%ing around with expectations - I think Erstad has this year and next to do something really impressive before he's out.

That might be so (and I am annoyed at the lack of progress shown by Erstad), but he does have a conference title under his belt. 

5 hours ago, Jeepy said:

Well, he's the boss and still a new one, so there's going to be discontent.. until all slough off over time.  

Having said that, the perception that he should have allowed Miles a three year contract extension (or more) instead of the one year, is largely unsaid but felt AND said  by some.

I agree with those sentiments, about Miles.  But, Moos has goals and his way of going about achieving those goals.  People need to settle down and get to work on that.

Step out of your echo chamber and you would realize 90% of people do not see .500 win percentage over 7 years as acceptable. Thank god Moos didn’t give him a 3 year extension or we would owe another 2 years of buyout after he lost the team this year. 

I am sure there is some boosters who felt special cause Miles was nice to them so they wanted him to stay. But the guy can’t coach better than .500. Unfortunately for Miles we now have the $$, facilities and expectations that he just couldn’t live up to . NU is ready for more than mediocre

• Plus1 2

I sort of think that DE is fine...

1.  It is baseball

2.  I think they still break even or maybe even make money at the moment

3.  It is baseball

4.  The expectations are probably to win the Big Ten and/or make the CWS (not the real CWS at Omaha but the fake one that the NCAA tries to trick us into thinking is just like March Madness when we all know that everyone that follows baseball at all is only waiting for the 8 at Omaha)