Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Right.  And I'm not saying that either of these guys would have taken the job but the fact that there wasn't even a chance is very telling.

Don't disagree with you.  Osborne was trying to be loyal to Frank.  It didn't turn out to be the best decision.  I think Osborne was rejuvenated by his mid-90s run, and he truly wasn't ready to retire, but he kept his word to Frank.

10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I get it.  Solich wasn't an awful coach.  But Bill Byrne had his sights set on Bob Stoops.  And was overruled

TO thought Steve Pedersen was a good choice for AD

TO hired Pelini and despite the record, Pelini was an a$$ that was going to get us nowhere

TO hired Darin Erstad for baseball and we haven't amounted to anything there

TO hired Tim Miles and we know how that is going

TO signed off on Moos and told Frost it was okay to come home now (paraphrasing)

And when TO was shoved aside, Eichorst and Riley happened.

.....so there's that side of the coin too.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Or this was all much ado about nothing. Or it was overblown. Or it was premature. Or...

Pretty much this - I'm guessing some combination of these things.

Unless there's something concrete to squabble over... I'm going to give Moos the benefit of the doubt. Dude got Frost and that was pretty much exactly what he was hired to do, and I don't know enough about the inner workings of the AD and his plans (or lack there of) to speculate on anything else.

13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

What do you know to make this claim? It's no less outlandish to say this, than to suggest he may be an eventual option at AD.... And to be clear, I wasn't calling for him to be the next AD. I'm just of the opinion that it'd be an interesting option to look into.

Do you think he’d have his current title if he didn’t help reel in HCSF?

I wasn’t referring to your post specifically earlier. No need to get defensive. 

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Do you think he’d have his current title if he didn’t help reel in HCSF?

I wasn’t referring to your post specifically earlier. No need to get defensive. 

I wasn't getting defensive, just carrying on a conversation. And no, I don't. But I've always had the impression that he was highly thought of in the department....

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Shoot, I don't blame the OWH writers for jumping on this stuff...with Twitter (face it, tons of people have socks...did I use that right? and tweet out inside information for their gain or for other people's demise) 

Journalists need to get on that stuff too.

I don't blame them either, but don't scoff at internet rumor mills, like it's something your profession is above.