Frost & Asst. Coaches receive contract extensions

knapplc

6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Frost actually hasn't been offered an extension yet.  There is a correction at the bottom of the link.  My guess is Frost is making them take care of his assistants first but I'm just speculating.

There was a blurb about it where anything over 500K or 5 years has to go through a separate approval process.  Guessing red tape is to blame.

3 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

There are now rumors circulating that Zac Taylor may go after Greg Austin as his oline coach for the Bengals. 

I thought Callahan was his top target. He may have done bad here but he is definitely a great NFL O-Line coach. 

That was some time ago so you are probably right. I just want to have every coach make it through the 2020 season before we start seeing turnover. 

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I thought Callahan was his top target. He may have done bad here but he is definitely a great NFL O-Line coach. 

That was some time ago so you are probably right. I just want to have every coach make it through the 2020 season before we start seeing turnover. 

I believe Callahan is the top target but from what I've heard Austin is the 2nd choice. Makes since as Taylor and Austin played together in 05 and 06. Not saying Austin would move on, just that he is on the short list of candidates. 

Gives guys considering moving up the ladder just a bit more reason to consider staying. Job security and a solid paycheck are hard to come by. In the end I know moving up will outweigh this move, but if it can keep them for an extra year it's worth it. Also shows future candidates who will need to fill the roles vacated by guys moving up that we are good to our coaches.