HuskerInLostWages

All hail the transfer portal....

31 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

PSU and Illinois with quite a few.  PSU surprises me a little.  Illinois can’t seem to keep too many guys.

PSU was first thing I noticed, 10 guys I counted. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

They are claiming they have the whole thing....

I was reading right before I replied that they are not complete as of yet.  Who knows, guess we will see if more are added here in the next day or so.

There are a few names on our team that I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up in the portal...

Quayshon Alexander

Jaylin Bradley 

Avery Anderson

Tony Butler

Pernell Jefferson

Eric Lee 

Caleb Lightbourn

Alex Davis 

26 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

There are a few names on our team that I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up in the portal...

Quayshon Alexander

Jaylin Bradley 

Avery Anderson

Tony Butler

Pernell Jefferson

Eric Lee 

Caleb Lightbourn

Alex Davis 

Nice list.  I wouldnt blame any of those guys for transferring.  Seem to not fit our schemes well and have been passed up by younger guys on the depth chart.  

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Quayshon Alexander

Jaylin Bradley 

Avery Anderson

Tony Butler

Pernell Jefferson

Eric Lee 

Caleb Lightbourn

Alex Davis 

I wouldn’t be sad to see any of these guys go really expect maybe Lee. Davis never really worked out for all the hype we heard his freshman year. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

I wouldn’t be sad to see any of these guys go really expect maybe Lee. Davis never really worked out for all the hype we heard his freshman year. 

TBH I was hoping to see a few of them leave so we can get more kids in that will contribute, or add 1-2 transfers 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

TBH I was hoping to see a few of them leave so we can get more kids in that will contribute, or add 1-2 transfers 

I agree I just didn’t want to be that guy haha 

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Quayshon Alexander

Jaylin Bradley 

Avery Anderson

Tony Butler

Pernell Jefferson

Eric Lee 

Caleb Lightbourn

Alex Davis 

I'd agree with all but Tony Butler. I think Butler will have a good opportunity to make an impact/contribute this upcoming year.

1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd agree with all but Tony Butler. I think Butler will have a good opportunity to make an impact/contribute this upcoming year.

Why? We had virtually no depth last year at CB and he couldn't make an impact. Bootle, Jackson, Lee, Taylor and Clark all got chances ahead of him. I'm quite confident Cox and Stovall also were ahead of him. Nothing has changed and we brought in more Fr. 

• Plus1 1

Personally, I don’t think speculating in a public forum on which Cornhusker players could/should transfer is particularly helpful to the team. Now if you want to start such posts speculating on OTHER teams’ forums regarding players that could/should depart, I have no problem with that. ;)

54 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Why? We had virtually no depth last year at CB and he couldn't make an impact. Bootle, Jackson, Lee, Taylor and Clark all got chances ahead of him. I'm quite confident Cox and Stovall also were ahead of him. Nothing has changed and we brought in more Fr. 

The safety position is wide open. I don't think CB was his natural position and he will get some run at safety this spring. We shall see. 

53 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

The guys who are leaving (that have a new rating) are all lower-rated now than when they came out of high school.  Gebbia is a mid-three-star.  Lindsey is a upper-mid-three-star.  Avery Roberts is an upper-mid-three-star.  All took a significant down-grade.

The one guy the Huskers are getting - Daniels - is now rated higher than when he came out of high school.  Four-star both times but up a couple notches now.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

Sucks for the guys in the program now, I wonder what the top shelf guys in the current class, who figured to play next year think. 

Frost just said they had a player put his name into the transfer portal "just to look around" and that he decided to stay and "we welcomed him with open arms"

Any ideas who it was ?

Just now, GSG said:

Frost just said they had a player put his name into the transfer portal "just to look around" and that he decided to stay and "we welcomed him with open arms"

Any ideas who it was ?

Was that Bunch?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

We have 2 spots available if the right kid comes along in the portal...

Any names in particular to keep an eye on?

I thought I remembered seeing a Braden Hoenstein (sp??) on the list who was a walk-on. Bunch never appeared on the list so who knows. 

17 hours ago, GSG said:

Sounds like it?

I know fans didn't love him, but man it'd be nice to just have a bit of depth with some playing experience while  McCaffrey comes along. So hopefully Bunch is back.

Edit: I know Vedral is here now too, but the more the merrier. Especially if Bunch isn't eating up a scholarship.

15 hours ago, Decked said:

I thought I remembered seeing a Braden Hoenstein (sp??) on the list who was a walk-on. Bunch never appeared on the list so who knows. 

He left. 

5 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

I know fans didn't love him, but man it'd be nice to just have a bit of depth with some playing experience while  McCaffrey comes along. So hopefully Bunch is back.

Edit: I know Vedral is here now too, but the more the merrier. Especially if Bunch isn't eating up a scholarship.

Yep. Also, someone has to run the scout team. The better that is the better our defense gets.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:20 PM, The Murphinator said:

Any names in particular to keep an eye on?

Stab in the dark for OLB. Rahyme Johnson. I remember we went after him pretty hard  in 2017 and lost to UCLA. Little playing time. Looks like he had 4 tackles in 2 games.Another transfer among a few at that position.

23 minutes ago, GSG said:

He punted 7x when we played them. Avg 42 ypp - so he's used to kicking in Lincoln! 

Career Punting Statistics
Season GP ATT YDS Long AVG TB FC I20 50+ BLK
Total 4 27 1096 55 40.6 3 4 9 5 0
2018 4 27 1096 55 40.6 3 4 9 5 0

Any more news on Cager ? Looks like a good prospect to me , but i've heard about the dropped passes, and injury crap online. Anyone actually know?