All hail the transfer portal....

27 minutes ago, Farms said:

I'm nervous that we could see a rather large exodus after this year.  Something is amiss right now....

Fwiw, while I think that’s a fair concern, I also don’t think guys are going to have the options they think they will if they transfer. With it being such a weird year, I think top 25-35 programs are going to be extremely picky about transfers and probably more like every Power-5 team.

Wandale, Benhart, Ty Robinson, Piper, Casey Rogers, are the players who would probably have a lot of options but they also all believe in this staff (just my opinion). Adrian Martinez would probably have options too, Luke as an ATH. 

Just now, Caliborn72 said:

Fwiw, while I think that’s a fair concern, I also don’t think guys are going to have the options they think they will if they transfer. With it being such a weird year, I think top 25-35 programs are going to be extremely picky about transfers and probably more like every Power-5 team.

Wandale, Benhart, Ty Robinson, Piper, Casey Rogers, are the players who would probably have a lot of options but they also all believe in this staff (just my opinion). Adrian Martinez would probably have options too, Luke as an ATH. 

That is a good point.  On the flip side of that this was bascially a free year and the NCAA will be granting waivers left and right.  And while those guys may believe, good players want to win. They may say, "I believe in you Scott, but I want to be sure I win some games and not get killed (Wandale) these next couple years, good luck."

• Plus1 1

McCaffrey will still be a redshirt freshman next year so I don't get why a one season transfer coming in who is a proven winner, is a big problem.  Martinez has peaked.  What we see is what we get and it's not bad.  He's a decent QB, but not optimal for Frost's O.  The program is bigger than any of these guys and right now I would hope that we'll take any potential gain that we can get.  Best case scenario:  Milton comes to NU.  Is at or close to 2017 form and helps elevates the offense.  The younger QB's (McCaffrey, Smothers, Haarberg) will learn from that and be better for it going forward.  If anyone can't handle it and wants to transfer, let them.   I believe Milton has aspirations of being a coach some day.  Why wouldn't you want your young QBs to learn from a proven, veteran QB like that?  

Maybe Milton doesn't want to come here, I don't know, but I think HCSF would be making a big mistake not pursuing him.