All hail the transfer portal....

7 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Hendon Hooker from Va Tech in the portal. Skill set would fit our O well. 

I don’t think we take a QB (unfortunately). Need a 3-4 out of WR/RB/OG/OLB/S. I think we grab a 1-2 WR, RB, & S. Try and get a few walk-on guys like we did this year.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, theknife said:

So has there been any clarfication if seniors in the portal would not count against the 85 man limit at new schools they would transfer to as well in 2021? 

The 85 man limit is not gonna be a problem (at least this offseason). I suspect they pass some legislation to plan to get back down to 85. It’s the 25 per class limit that’s gonna leave a lot of these kids in the dust. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

The 85 man limit is not gonna be a problem (at least this offseason). I suspect they pass some legislation to plan to get back down to 85. It’s the 25 per class limit that’s gonna leave a lot of these kids in the dust. 

Right, what I am asking is since seniors don't count against the 85 next year, can a team that can afford more than 85 scholarships just load up on seniors from the portal? 

1 minute ago, theknife said:

Right, what I am asking is since seniors don't count against the 85 next year, can a team that can afford more than 85 scholarships just load up on seniors from the portal? 

I don’t think so. Those seniors would also still count towards the 25 limit that you can bring in every year. 

So for guys in the portal that we have connections to, seems like:

2020 Duck-R Mookie Cooper (Ohio State) - we really wanted him, but didn't make the final cut. 

2020 LB Jackson Bratton (Alabama) - Same school as Smothers and apparently they were tight, and he did visit. But was Alabama all the way

2019 Juco OLB Jermaine Johnson (Georgia) - he visited, and was apparently good friends with Spielman. Which is probably not a point in our favor.

2019 DT Matthew Pola-Mao (Kansas State) - I don't know if we'd take him, but he's Pola-Gates cousin and he was somewhere down our board. Had a 'final                                                             three' of Us, Oregon, and USC and yet ended up at K State which probably means it was a ballsy final 3 where none were committable offers.

2018 RB T.J. Pledger (Oklahoma) - Visited twice

Do we actually have a shot with any of these guys? Seems like the only realistic one would be Pola-Mao, who I don't think we'd take. But the rest at least visited which is something right? Any other names we should be watching? Not all of the transfers we've brought in have had connections, this is more of a wish list where we at least got them on campus than it is a list of guys I think we could get.

• Plus1 3