All hail the transfer portal....

• 2 months later...

Nebraska following/contacting (in droves) former WF redshirt freshman WR Nolan Groulx. Had 58 yards on 5-8 catches in one game this year. Played in one game this year. Wake apparently had some good WRs. Former Army-All American bowl participant in high school & former Wisconsin commit at one time. Color me in the meh category. Two scholarships left and JUCO ball is starting up & you are gonna have guys leave after the spring. Seems like settling. IMO I would wait to see if you can grab a WR with experience, OG (not sold on Hixon), OLB (pass rusher), or two of the best available.  Pass rusher is gonna be brutal to try and find. I’m not sure if they were after that WR from Memphis but that would have been nice. 

32 minutes ago, Decked said:

Nebraska following/contacting (in droves) former WF redshirt freshman WR Nolan Groulx. Had 58 yards on 5-8 catches in one game this year. Played in one game this year. Wake apparently had some good WRs. Former Army-All American bowl participant in high school & former Wisconsin commit at one time. Color me in the meh category. Two scholarships left and JUCO ball is starting up & you are gonna have guys leave after the spring. Seems like settling. IMO I would wait to see if you can grab a WR with experience, OG (not sold on Hixon), OLB (pass rusher), or two of the best available.  Pass rusher is gonna be brutal to try and find. I’m not sure if they were after that WR from Memphis but that would have been nice. 

Pass rusher is what we need,  but they are unicorns in teh portal you're right.  Look for Ezra Miller to maybe slot in at RG, hearing good things. Hixon should be depth. 

Underwhelming for sure, no other better prospects interested. I wonder how many more leave after spring and where that leaves us scholarship wise.  Martin and Miller in line for scholarships probably.

26 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Pass rusher is what we need,  but they are unicorns in teh portal you're right.  Look for Ezra Miller to maybe slot in at RG, hearing good things. Hixon should be depth. 

Underwhelming for sure, no other better prospects interested. I wonder how many more leave after spring and where that leaves us scholarship wise.  Martin and Miller in line for scholarships probably.

Heard we are at 86-87 on 247 but no idea if that’s accurate. Haven’t been paying as much attention lately. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...