All hail the transfer portal....

23 hours ago, BigRedN said:

:bigredn: claims him off the waiver wire and also brings his 4 star TE brother from the LSU commit list.  Hire the Dad, [Brad Johnson as an analyst].  Ha ha.

You joke, but that's not a bad plan (unless hiring a players dad is against NCAA rules, which it very well might be - I'm no expert).

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...LSU is losing a lot of players.

Are we still at SEVEN? https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_2e9eeea0-5858-11ec-8aa0-d30bfda7625f.html

I'm not saying they are all coming to Nebraska, but I can virtually  guarantee you that MickeyJ knew the inside scoop, regarding the OC we were getting. That OC has a Heisman Candidate this year at Pitt. Frost also has a Heisman winner on his resume (from Oregon days). So QBs may at least be taking a long look at Nebraska. The way Nebraska used Tight Ends this year (finally) probably has some TE's attention. If you have a family connection (QB/TE), it is certainly possible that someone one could attract a package deal. Mickey almost certainly has a hand in some of the LSU WR decommitting or transferring, which seems to mean that his presence on the Nebraska staff is getting some looks.

I have to believe that Mickey's personal story of his leaving Louisiana for a playing career at Nebraska might open some possibilities in some players imaginations.

The "ad guy" in me is drooling at the possible NIL ideas that Decoldest Crawford could cash in on while at Nebraska. Lots of products want a "cool factor" or actually advertise COLD/ICE. I'd be shooting video of him in Memorial Stadium during falling snow and a Red Out and cut to him holding/endorsing my product. He's not as good an NIL match in a state that is warm all of the time. That's for players named Dewussiest. I can also see ads playing of mistaking his name: "Decoolest? No Decoldest."

7 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So 2 LSU QBs in the portal?  Are we after both?

The thing is, neither of them are very mobile. The biggest issue Johnson had at LSU was that he holds the ball way too long. Brennan was really good, strong arm, but has had problems staying healthy. Neither of the two are a run threat. Rumors are that Brennan is headed to Southern Miss, close to where he's from.

LSU is losing coaches, too. In addition to Joseph, former Husker coach Corey Raymond is headed to Florida. They did pick up a big get by having Frank Wilson rejoin the staff. He's an elite recruiter and will lessen the blow of them losing the others.

13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The thing is, neither of them are very mobile. The biggest issue Johnson had at LSU was that he holds the ball way too long. Brennan was really good, strong arm, but has had problems staying healthy. Neither of the two are a run threat. Rumors are that Brennan is headed to Southern Miss, close to where he's from.

LSU is losing coaches, too. In addition to Joseph, former Husker coach Corey Raymond is headed to Florida. They did pick up a big get by having Frank Wilson rejoin the staff. He's an elite recruiter and will lessen the blow of them losing the others.

Having a mobile QB is the least of my concerns.  As long as they are mobike inside the pocket and can scramble for first downs here and there but can sling the rock I’m good with that. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 307husker said:

And if our OL doesn't improve, they'd be dead men walking.

It wouldn’t be ideal with the same line, but the passing game would be much better with a QB that makes much quicker decisions than the one we had.  And mobile inside the pocket doesn’t mean they are statue and can’t get away from a rush.  

• Plus1 1