All hail the transfer portal....

16 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

With his head coach being fired he has a good chance to get the waiver and he is walking on.   We shall see as you never can tell about the NCAA.  

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/30/16950794/ncaa-transfer-rules-changes-coaches

The above article is a bit dated.  They may be tightening the rules making it harder to get the waiver.  I will keep looking. 

Slim to none.  

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

A Michigan backup with injury problems.   I'll pass

A 6'3 receiver who can play at the P5 D1 level? I will take that for sure. He could open up the offense more and give us another big bodied guy. At this rate we need big boy receivers and his numbers aren't that bad. He would have been top 3 on the team in receiving so passing on guys like this are not something we need to do. Will we get him? I don't know but I do know we will have a spot for a grad-transfer WR. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

A 6'3 receiver who can play at the P5 D1 level? I will take that for sure. He could open up the offense more and give us another big bodied guy. At this rate we need big boy receivers and his numbers aren't that bad. He would have been top 3 on the team in receiving so passing on guys like this are not something we need to do. Will we get him? I don't know but I do know we will have a spot for a grad-transfer WR. 

He hardly played in 3 years. Unless he is fast, he is not worth the effort. 

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He hardly played in 3 years. Unless he is fast, he is not worth the effort. 

We probably won't get him. But we need big bodied receivers and guys like him can only provide depth and he would definitely play if he came here. I know we were in on a grad transfer WR from Oregon and a grad transfer Northwestern WR was interested as well.  He might be down the board some so we would only get him if we miss on other bigger receivers.

10 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

We probably won't get him. But we need big bodied receivers and guys like him can only provide depth and he would definitely play if he came here. I know we were in on a grad transfer WR from Oregon and a grad transfer Northwestern WR was interested as well.  He might be down the board some so we would only get him if we miss on other bigger receivers.

The portal for a wr is a plan c.  We have 3 wr now & with 2 more we will be done.  Unless it is a special player. 

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

The portal for a wr is a plan c.  We have 3 wr now & with 2 more we will be done.  Unless it is a special player. 

Yes we are after a grad transfer WR. The room needs another big bodied guy. If Justin Robinson commits we probably won't but I would venture to say we take one. 

You say WR is plan C for the transfer portal, who would be plan A and B then? 

I'm thinking we take:

1 WR 

1 NT

1 Other need- if a scholly is available

I think we need an immediate nose that can play. Jordan Riley is not going to help us at that spot. Maybe another JuCo pops up but it needs to be an immediate guy. Preferably a grad transfer nose to start right away. He needs to be better than Damion because we are thin there right now.

I believe we are trying to get another big bodied wide receiver to help us out as well. Could be a grad transfer or if we land some good prospects for 2020 a sit out transfer. The last spot is up for grabs and we may not even have a spot for it. However, we really need another nose and wide receiver. If we take care of those we have filled our most immediate needs imo. 

• Fire 1
49 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I'm thinking we take:

1 WR 

1 NT

1 Other need- if a scholly is available

I think we need an immediate nose that can play. Jordan Riley is not going to help us at that spot. Maybe another JuCo pops up but it needs to be an immediate guy. Preferably a grad transfer nose to start right away. He needs to be better than Damion because we are thin there right now.

I believe we are trying to get another big bodied wide receiver to help us out as well. Could be a grad transfer or if we land some good prospects for 2020 a sit out transfer. The last spot is up for grabs and we may not even have a spot for it. However, we really need another nose and wide receiver. If we take care of those we have filled our most immediate needs imo. 

If a good pass rusher from the OLB spot opened up I imagine that'd take priority for the next spot. Maybe even over a NT.  

Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

If a good pass rusher from the OLB spot opened up I imagine that'd take priority for the next spot. Maybe even over a NT.  

I could see that. But we really need another nose. A pass rush is nice but if you give up 4 or 5 yards per rush on one play a nose can definitely help with that. Damion is solid but we could do so much better and honestly we need to.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

I could see that. But we really need another nose. A pass rush is nice but if you give up 4 or 5 yards per rush on one play a nose can definitely help with that. Damion is solid but we could do so much better and honestly we need to.

I think Damion is good, he just couldn't play long stretches at a time last year. Hopefully better equipped to do so this year. But grad transfer NTs of his caliber or better don't grow on trees. I hope ee get one, but seems like Ty is slated to play a lot there as well.