All hail the transfer portal....

1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

He seems headed to Tennessee to play with his brother. Was committed there before Jones was let go and he is a legacy. Wouldn't Georgia block that, though? Being in the same conference? 

Normally, yes but not when they’re being sued by the family. Allow him to transfer and maybe the case gets dropped vs the university

5 hours ago, chamrocck said:

What is this about?  One of Wisconsin's best weapons.  Would love to have him in a De’Anthony Thomas speedster role that Frost knows so well.  Would make up for loss of MoWa as similar type of role they add to the field.

Wisconsin's offense isn't exactly designed to get athletes like him in space.  Outside of returns, he only had 16 touches (13 rushed and 3 catches) the entire season.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wisconsin's offense isn't exactly designed to get athletes like him in space.  Outside of returns, he only had 16 touches (13 rushed and 3 catches) the entire season.

You can't blame him for transferring then. He's electric in space and they obviously didn't find a way to make that happen.

14 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Rutgers is the probable destination. Back home and friends on team. 

Really?  So, he would be leaving a good team that wins games, fills their stadium and competes for championships because he doesn't get enough touches/catches in an offense not built for him, to go home to a bad team with a bad offense that barely wins any games.

I guess this will just have to be one of those things that's a personal decision that he needs to make and it's perfectly fine if others don't understand.  Sometimes needing to be closer to home is a pretty strong pull.

And, yes, I know they just changed coaches.  I'm not convinced that Schiano can do what he did previously there again.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  So, he would be leaving a good team that wins games, fills their stadium and competes for championships because he doesn't get enough touches/catches in an offense not built for him, to go home to a bad team with a bad offense that barely wins any games.

I guess this will just have to be one of those things that's a personal decision that he needs to make and it's perfectly fine if others don't understand.  Sometimes needing to be closer to home is a pretty strong pull.

And, yes, I know they just changed coaches.  I'm not convinced that Schiano can do what he did previously there again.

I guess you misconstrue the fact that Greg Schiano has been winning a lot of games with OSU. It’s a draw for a lot of kids, especially a lot of kids who are from that area. It’s a talent rich area, as well. 

Not saying it WILL work for Rutgers, but it’ll be interesting to watch and see how it develops. 

5 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

I guess you misconstrue the fact that Chris Ash is 6-4 in bowl games, and has been winning a lot of games with OSU. It’s a draw for a lot of kids, especially a lot of kids who are from that area. It’s a talent rich area, as well. 

Not saying it WILL work for Rutgers, but it’ll be interesting to watch and see how it develops. 

G Tech and Rutgers should be a lot better based on recruiting area. They both need facility upgrades and the right staff