All hail the transfer portal....

2 hours ago, theknife said:

I mean, I see your point being we still have culture problem. On the flip side, maybe a change of scenery is all he needs. He has an insane amount of upside. 

Nothing to do with culture. What I am saying is if he doesn't love football anymore it would be a waste of a scholly. If they feel he is committed then I definitely agree he has to upside.

14 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You want Kanawai Noa 2.0?

Smaller school but before he got hurt he had 21 rec TD and almost 2,000 rec in his career. Which was more productive than Noa was at Cal.

Noa wasn't great by any means but he was 3rd in rec yds and t-2nd in rec TD for us last year. Also was probably the most consistent blocker. 

58 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Smaller school but before he got hurt he had 21 rec TD and almost 2,000 rec in his career. Which was more productive than Noa was at Cal.

Noa wasn't great by any means but he was 3rd in rec yds and t-2nd in rec TD for us last year. Also was probably the most consistent blocker. 

Good stats at a small school sure, but this feels like it would be using a scholarship on a Woodyard/Williams/Noa type.  Noa was tied for second on the team with 2 tds. We've gotta do better than that to escape 5-7.

Fill another need if that is the best WR out there and let the incoming crew take over.

• 3 weeks later...