All hail the transfer portal....

On 10/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Nebraska could become second chance U.  Take all best castoffs this year (not necessarily this kid).  I'ld be willing to bet Spencer Rattler will be in the portal.  I think he is a tool but could be an upgrade over out current backups if 2AM leaves.  Get another WR to replace Toure.  Just sell it as "look we pretty much suck so you are going to play"

• Plus1 1

If coaches think Lyles can help, more power to them.

But if I'm looking at Wisconsin's participation stats correctly he's a 5th year senior "top" backup that has battled a ton of injuries and has seen his most success at center.  Jurgen's is back next year, if Lyles is content with being a backup to him, I say take him...

• Plus1 1
On 10/19/2021 at 8:35 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Nebraska could become second chance U.  Take all best castoffs this year (not necessarily this kid).  I'ld be willing to bet Spencer Rattler will be in the portal.  I think he is a tool but could be an upgrade over out current backups if 2AM leaves.  Get another WR to replace Toure.  Just sell it as "look we pretty much suck so you are going to play"

Well, if Michigan State can flip the script using (mostly) the transfer portal, I don't see why we shouldn't give it a shot.

Still wish we had Prop34 kids available (I think I got the proposition right)--seems a disservice to some to send them to the Juco ranks, especially in this day and age. 

15 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, if Michigan State can flip the script using (mostly) the transfer portal, I don't see why we shouldn't give it a shot.

Still wish we had Prop34 kids available (I think I got the proposition right)--seems a disservice to some to send them to the Juco ranks, especially in this day and age. 

*Prop 48

36 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Callaghan, Held and Austin following Lyles on the Tweeter. Wondering if they like him at guard? Can't imagine we'd use one of a small number of scholarships on a one-year backup center. If we're only 1-2 pieces away, a backup ain't what Frost was referencing.

He could definitely play Guard. I don't really have any inside info, but seems like he got himself in the doghouse or was maybe underrated in the past due to the other guys around him. I don't think his replacement has been lighting the world on fire and Lyles was not considered a liability by any means. Something feels a little weird about it, but could very well be he just got beat out. I'd take him for sure if he wants to come though, we've got to be trying everything on the OL at this point. 

31 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He could definitely play Guard. I don't really have any inside info, but seems like he got himself in the doghouse or was maybe underrated in the past due to the other guys around him. I don't think his replacement has been lighting the world on fire and Lyles was not considered a liability by any means. Something feels a little weird about it, but could very well be he just got beat out. I'd take him for sure if he wants to come though, we've got to be trying everything on the OL at this point. 

The question is, can he perform better than what we have. Will a backup Wisconsin center be better at guard than our starting right guard? Every piece of me says yes, because our backup right guard was better than our starting right guard.