Realistic Playoff Spot

On a cold and wintery day here in central iowa i find myself thinking about if Nebraska would have a shot at getting in the Playoffs if they ran the table this year.  Take out that we will probably lose games but im saying given our strength of schedule would it be enough to get us up the rankings.  If we won out and were the Big10 champs would that be enough.  This is partly on my mind because we are some how preseason top25 with a 4-8 record.  

• Plus1 1

50 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I guess if it came down to strength of schedule, and there were 5 other teams undefeated who had better schedules i think we would get left out in the cold.  

Without doing the research I don't think there has been a season in the last 20 years where 6 teams finished the season undefeated. Its possible but very unlikely. 

Getting left out at 13-0 is not a realistic problem. I suppose technically it could happen that 4 others from the P5 could also be undefeated and their schedules could possibly be deemed tougher but it just isn’t realistic. A real problem might be going 12-1, with the 1 loss being a good loss and then getting left out but considering where we’ve been for 20 years these are problems I would like to experience.

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, MacNCheeze said:

On a cold and wintery day here in central iowa i find myself thinking about if Nebraska would have a shot at getting in the Playoffs if they ran the table this year.  Take out that we will probably lose games but im saying given our strength of schedule would it be enough to get us up the rankings.  If we won out and were the Big10 champs would that be enough.  This is partly on my mind because we are some how preseason top25 with a 4-8 record.  

Yes.