Replacements for Miles

If I'm Moos, I throw everything I've got at Dana Altman, and see where it goes. The Pac-12 is trash, and he may entertain the idea to come home, while competing in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. Maybe you could even get Frost in on the recruitment.... The "Nebraska boys coming home" pitch. 

I'm not sure why anybody would want Ty Lue. Just because Lebron dragged his a$$ to couple a Finals appearances?  He's never coached in college basketball before. Maybe he'd be great, I just don't see the appeal there.

Edit: Roll your eyes all you want @Thurston from Pender :lol: .... Altman would be a better option than a guy who couldn't even keep his job at UCLA.

Edit #2: Alford would likely be more successful than Miles, though. If that was your original point.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Thurston from Pender said:

It would take lots and lots of money and good persuasion to get Altman to Nebraska. He did NOT like UNL when he was at Creighton. Not one bit.

Dana took OR to the Final Four. And the weakness of the PAC 10 is an asset. Who can beat OR? In the Big Ten, it is much, much different.

I don't think he'd come here. It would just be the first call I'd make if I were Moos.

2 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Gregg Marshall at Wichita. Team would be very tough.

He could have left a few years ago when his star was burning brightest. I think he likes where he's at.

In all honesty, it'll probably be another mid-major coach, and we'll have to hope he'll finally be the one that can make it on the big stage.

4 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Gregg Marshall at Wichita. Team would be very tough.

nope, he is a southern guy who really doesnt like the cold in the midwest. he does however like wichita, as does his wife. if he does jump it would most likely be to a blue blood type school with minimal rebuild. he's already built two teams up. football schools are most likely out as he likes having the basketball team being the spotlight, second fiddle just isnt his thing. lastly, how well would it go over with frost having the school pay the basketball coach as much as him.

4 minutes ago, desertshox said:

nope, he is a southern guy who really doesnt like the cold in the midwest. he does however like wichita, as does his wife. if he does jump it would most likely be to a blue blood type school with minimal rebuild. he's already built two teams up. football schools are most likely out as he likes having the basketball team being the spotlight, second fiddle just isnt his thing. lastly, how well would it go over with frost having the school pay the basketball coach as much as him.

Wichita, KS isn't exactly an oasis during the winter months. They get snow, and it's regularly below freezing during the winter.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Wichita, KS isn't exactly an oasis during the winter months. They get snow, and it's regularly below freezing during the winter.

i know. i just am spewing forth everything i read about why 3G stays in wichita every year when his name comes up in coaching searches. and i had already tried the negative strategy.

Gregg Marshall isn't leaving Wichita State for Nebraska, so let's stop with that assumed narrative. 

You can shoot your shot at Altman, but as some have already said, it's much more advantageous for him to be at Oregon than at Nebraska. 

I think Moos is going to have to look at mid-Majors and at assistant coaches. Oats at Buffalo would probably be a very good place to start.