Replacements for Miles

Is there a chance it could be Kenya Hunter? When he left, with his son transferring from Lincoln High to Creighton Prep (and winning Class A State, as a junior) I thought it was a statement move, saying he thought he was going to take over the Cornhuskers after LAST year. This year, he has a year at UCONN to add to his resume and his son is a Senior. He’s a terrific  recruiter. Moos was not ready to overhaul BB so soon - football still had most of his attention. He may have conducted a warm exit interview with Kenya.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Is there a chance it could be Kenya Hunter? When he left, with his son transferring from Lincoln High to Creighton Prep (and winning Class A State, as a junior) I thought it was a statement move, saying he thought he was going to take over the Cornhuskers after LAST year. This year, he has a year at UCONN to add to his resume and his son is a Senior. He’s a terrific  recruiter. Moos was not ready to overhaul BB so soon - football still had most of his attention. He may have conducted a warm exit interview with Kenya.

Interesting!

Never even thought of that.

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

If I was going after big names...

Bruce Weber:  Knows the conference and would be a great fit.  I also think he might take it.

After that:  The dude from Eastern Tennessee (I think that is the school, dude can coach)

Steve Forbes is his name.  He is going to get a bigger job sooner than later.

5 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

People have mentioned a lot of the big names already, but a list of guys going to get a shot somewhere would include.

Mussleman at Nevada

Oats and Buffalo

Forbes at ETSU

Wes Miller at UNC Greensboro

I would give Thad Matta a call.  If he feels ready health wise to come back he could be a home run hire.

Agree on Matta

I think he ends up going to PSU for some reason.

13 minutes ago, desertshox said:

if you put forbes on the list you have to include chris jans. another of gregg marshall's assistants. he does have baggage from his stint at bowling green but he also was the x's and o's guy for marshall during all their better runs in the tourney.

Did not know that.  Where is he at now?

I don't think MIles is going to ever be the guy who wins 25 games in a season, but I don't know if we can get that guy to come here either.

Matta, has coached in Ohio, where there is ample recruiting.  Why would he come here where you have to work at recruiting nationally?

Finding that guy is not easy.  I think in some aspects we are better off with Miles, and not all at the same time.