Replacements for Miles

2 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Darrien DeVries at Drake. He turned around a terrible team in ONE YEAR. He has already won 16 games and is second in the MVC.

He was the top assistant at Creighton for Dana and Mac. He always did the scouting report against Nebraska.

I second DeVries...Drake returned no one and also lost their best player midway this year

TJ Otzelberger would be another guy I wouldn't mind. He was a hell of a recruiter at Iowa State 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Darrien DeVries at Drake. He turned around a terrible team in ONE YEAR. He has already won 16 games and is second in the MVC.

He was the top assistant at Creighton for Dana and Mac. He always did the scouting report against Nebraska.

Don't know anything about him other than what you posted here.  But, I would support looking further into this guy.

• Plus1 1

Considering we have B1G money to throw around now...aren't we aiming low with some of the examples listed so far?

Save for coaches like Izzo, Krzyzewski, or Self, most of the Top 25 coaches are attainable as long as we're willing to throw $3m/yr. at them. And that should be easily done considering Moos has supposedly spent most of the off-season in the Lincoln drunk tank instead of starting capital improvement projects for the Athletic Department. :dunno

12 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I second DeVries...Drake returned no one and also lost their best player midway this year

TJ Otzelberger would be another guy I wouldn't mind. He was a hell of a recruiter at Iowa State 

Oats should be the first call and the top priority. 

DeVries has promise, not sure one year as head coach can prove he can do it. I like him and believe he will be a good coach but need to se more proof.

Otzelberger, no thank you. It's a little inflated to say he is the one who is responsible for recruiting a majority of Fred's guys to Ames. There were some other influences that helped them bring in talent. Outside of maybe being an OK recruiter the notion around Iowa State is he cannot coach a lick. Sure, right now he as an All American on his team in a mid major. That's about all he has going for him

2 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

Oats should be the first call and the top priority. 

DeVries has promise, not sure one year as head coach can prove he can do it. I like him and believe he will be a good coach but need to se more proof.

Otzelberger, no thank you. It's a little inflated to say he is the one who is responsible for recruiting a majority of Fred's guys to Ames. There were some other influences that helped them bring in talent. Outside of maybe being an OK recruiter the notion around Iowa State is he cannot coach a lick. Sure, right now he as an All American on his team in a mid major. That's about all he has going for him

I'd be all for getting Oats for the record. Hurley did set him up nicely before taking the Arizona State job though 

4 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Considering we have B1G money to throw around now...aren't we aiming low with some of the examples listed so far?

Save for coaches like Izzo, Krzyzewski, or Self, most of the Top 25 coaches are attainable as long as we're willing to throw $3m/yr. at them. And that should be easily done considering Moos has supposedly spent most of the off-season in the Lincoln drunk tank instead of starting capital improvement projects for the Athletic Department. :dunno

Fine lets go steal Shaka Smart from Texas. Accomplishes 2 things. 

1. Get a good coach

2. Stick it to Texas

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Can someone surmise me this Moos drinking subject. Here on an island this doesn’t make news.  And is he on the hot seat as I’ve read somewhere 

Sure...some dork tweeter said he was passed out drunk at lots of bars in Lincoln...yet there was no pictures...local radio ran with the story and basically tried to ruin the guy

• Plus1 1