Replacements for Miles

2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Smith is a good coach, much better than Miles.

I agree that he's a good coach, but do you think he'd take a job right after Miles was fired?  I know it's a step up from USU and a lot more money, but I don't see him taking a job right after Miles was fired.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

ESPN is missing a pretty big name who actually reached out to Nebraska to inquire about the job.

And who would that be, Mr. Benning? 

36 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I’m hearing Greg McDermott may be available 

No, not if he's not good enough to not get caught. 

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Throw 4.5 mil per year at Bennet see if he flinches 

Shoot, he makes 2.5 now but face it, every team wants him when they have an opening.  I have "heard" and read stuff that he loathes being the center of attention and hates the spotlight, if you ever see his interviews you can sort of tell that he is a very reserved, polite, mild mannered person and I think just from stuff I hear and read is that he really likes just being able to blend in...which he can clearly do at UVA/MD/DC area.

In Lincoln, he would be a rockstar.  Which I don't think he wants.  Personally it would be probably the most amazing hire of the last 20 years, or right behind UK getting Cal.  

With that said...if he didn't look at Wisconsin a few years back (odd situation I know) and/or Illinois two years ago (he is from that Wisconsin area) I don't think he is every leaving.  Plus, it isn't like he can't win the ACC...dude almost owns that conference right now.

I am not a Husker basketball fan at all but I would cream if they got him.  When there was talk of Illinois getting him two years ago I almost exploded.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Shoot, he makes 2.5 now but face it, every team wants him when they have an opening.  I have "heard" and read stuff that he loathes being the center of attention and hates the spotlight, if you ever see his interviews you can sort of tell that he is a very reserved, polite, mild mannered person and I think just from stuff I hear and read is that he really likes just being able to blend in...which he can clearly do at UVA/MD/DC area.

In Lincoln, he would be a rockstar.  Which I don't think he wants.  Personally it would be probably the most amazing hire of the last 20 years, or right behind UK getting Cal.  

With that said...if he didn't look at Wisconsin a few years back (odd situation I know) and/or Illinois two years ago (he is from that Wisconsin area) I don't think he is every leaving.  Plus, it isn't like he can't win the ACC...dude almost owns that conference right now.

I am not a Husker basketball fan at all but I would cream if they got him.  When there was talk of Illinois getting him two years ago I almost exploded.

If he doesn’t want attention, this is the wrong job. 

9 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

ESPN is missing a pretty big name who actually reached out to Nebraska to inquire about the job.

I don't care how desperately Bill Self wants to come to Lincoln, Moos needs to shut it down. Self is yesterday's news and is clearly trending downward. He didn't even win his conference this year. 

• Haha 3