Replacements for Miles

I don’t understand why this wouldn’t attract a top coach. This team just went 3-14 in tge last half of the season and this is what the team saw when they took the court. 

On top of that, they have the best practice facilities ...etc. 

teams without tradition typically don’t have this. 

Plus, I think the program is poised to spend what it takes. 

• Plus1 5
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t understand why this wouldn’t attract a top coach. This team just went 3-14 in tge last half of the season and this is what the team saw when they took the court. 

On top of that, they have the best practice facilities ...etc. 

teams without tradition typically don’t have this. 

Plus, I think the program is poised to spend what it takes. 

I don't know why you wouldn't know if you attracted a good coach before you fire the one you have? It seems ridiculous to me too that you couldn't attract top talent to play in these facilities.
As far as fans go though, do they still sit down and pretend they're in the library after every missed Husker shot or made opponent shot? Players are trained to say nice things about the fans, that's why I'm here.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't know why you wouldn't know if you attracted a good coach before you fire the one you have? It seems ridiculous to me too that you couldn't attract top talent to play in these facilities.
As far as fans go though, do they still sit down and pretend they're in the library after every missed Husker shot or made opponent shot? Players are trained to say nice things about the fans, that's why I'm here.

Plus a fairly new ad who would have hired you.  

4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

As far as fans go though, do they still sit down and pretend they're in the library after every missed Husker shot or made opponent shot? 

I don't think so.

Out of curiosity can you name any other program who's had two home games in the last 5 years where the entire arena stood for the entire game?

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If we got the 44th best results every year we would be in the tournament every year, right?

Pretty close.  There are 32 automatic bids each year so a lot of those are going to champions from lesser leagues.  

Depending on how you value each league there would probably be about 10 auto bids that would be from teams that would have gotten one without being an auto-qualify.  Those 10 plus the 36 at-large bids would mean the (roughly) top 46 teams "should" be in the tournament most of the time.

So we'd be right on the edge.

Enjoyed reading through all the pages and new to this forum. Many of the names listed are ones I have read other places. The Dwyane Wade dream is honestly interesting but I seriously doubt he would take it...at least not right away. 

Thad Matta would be a great hire with his Midwest ties. A mid-major that I like is Ray Harper. Not real crazy about some of his baggage, but he wins wherever he goes. 

What I could get excited about, a coach who can get the one and done and make it work with other players. 

I do not want to see Steve Alford or Kelvin Sampson on the sideline! Dane Fife, that would be a great hire 

Let's just hope the Huskers can win 1 or 2 at the B1G tourney! This season has had enough disappointment and a few wins to close would be great.