Replacements for Miles

9 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

A win tomorrow probably means he's staying. As of now I would say it's probably 50/50. I do like the core of the team if Roby stays, though. Starting lineup of Roby Harris, Juco kid who's averaging like 25 a game, Allen, and someone else. I don't think the ceiling is as high as this years team, but they might be able to do something.

Burke, a transfer who was a big scorer  @ Robert Morris

3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

That extension is 2 years of miles salary

Moos probably told him to sign the extension to keep other schools "off his scent". The tentative deal could have already been struck.

Interesting article: https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/18/university-at-buffalo-mens-basketball-recruiting-junior-college-players/

and 2019 recruits: https://247sports.com/college/buffalo/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

TM isn't responsible for the run imo....  hope the kids continue though.   They are playing with fire and heart that we haven't seen for several weeks.   The right coach would have been getting that out of them all along. 

Bottom line is that kids play for themselves. They don't want their season to end. Question is: Does the credit go to the coach and their preparation, or is just a beneficiary of their moxie?

22 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

TM isn't responsible for the run imo....  hope the kids continue though.   They are playing with fire and heart that we haven't seen for several weeks.   The right coach would have been getting that out of them all along. 

I've been as tough on TM as anyone and a lot of the season is on him, but holy cow, he has coached his a$$ off these last 3 game and he deserves credit for that, at least.

The hugging videos of the coaches and players interacting in the post game locker room weren't "Fake News"...

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Kinda looking that way isn't it. They say he has some good recruits coming in.

What would lead you to believe it’s looking that way? We have a .500 record, no shot at the tourney? Beat the 1 team worse than you in the big 10 in Rutgers. Your best player plays a great game and you beat Maryland. That means all of a sudden miles can coach? Good recruits? Big deal. He had good talent this year and pissed it away 

7 minutes ago, Comish said:

I've been as tough on TM as anyone and a lot of the season is on him, but holy cow, he has coached his a$$ off these last 3 game and he deserves credit for that, at least.

The hugging videos of the coaches and players interacting in the post game locker room weren't "Fake News"...

He waited too long to coach his a$$ off. We were paying him to coach his a$$ off the last 7 years and got no return on our investment 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

What would lead you to believe it’s looking that way? We have a .500 record, no shot at the tourney? Beat the 1 team worse than you in the big 10 in Rutgers. Your best player plays a great game and you beat Maryland. That means all of a sudden miles can coach? Good recruits? Big deal. He had good talent this year and pissed it away 

Your best player plays a great game? Looks to some people like the whole team is playing for their coach. I don't care either way but they're making a case for him. It's just a gut feeling that the tide has turned.

1 hour ago, whateveritis1224 said:

A win tomorrow probably means he's staying. As of now I would say it's probably 50/50. I do like the core of the team if Roby stays, though. Starting lineup of Roby Harris, Juco kid who's averaging like 25 a game, Allen, and someone else. I don't think the ceiling is as high as this years team, but they might be able to do something.

It’s amazing how out of touch fans get because we win 3 games after losing like 12 of the last 15. Now all of a sudden people think he is going to stay. This season was a disaster and winning a quarter final game in the conference tourney does not make that go away. Make tourney or bust was the narrative before the season started. We are not going to the tourney 

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Your best player plays a great game? Looks to some people like the whole team is playing for their coach. I don't care either way but they're making a case for him. It's just a gut feeling that the tide has turned.

Moos will judge the whole season. As well as the overall results of the last 7 years. Not get caught up in some wave of good feelings because we won a few games. The season was a disaster- that is what Miles will be judged on. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

It’s amazing how out of touch fans get because we win 3 games after losing like 12 of the last 15. Now all of a sudden people think he is going to stay. This season was a disaster and winning a quarter final game in the conference tourney does not make that go away. Make tourney or bust was the narrative before the season started. We are not going to the tourney 

Pretty sure that was the narrative of the Message Board Warriors who think they own the team. If things don't go their way I'd suggest turning in their tickets and letting some kids have the seats.... the average fan age shouldn't be 65 anyway. If Moos decides he can get a better coach, I'm okay with that too.