Replacements for Miles

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Miles was gone last August. The fact that anybody thinks that the way this season has gone would be enough to force an AD's hand to reconsider that baffles the mind. There is literally no way that it could feasibly go from here that would set in motion any deviation from the plan laid forth the minute the 1 year extension was given.  We will lose to Wisconsin today and, hopefully at that point those that are wondering 'if we win an NCAA title would it save Miles?" can finally rest easy knowing that miracle isn't riding in on a white horse this season. 

Counterpoint: had Miles won (or wins, because even as remote of a possibility as it is, it's still in play) an NCAA tournament game, there's no way he would have been fired. 

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I remember back in the olden days before anti-social media when you'd pick up the sports section of the paper and it would say "Husker AD decides yada yada yada..." ……..and then you'd tell your friends "Hey, did you hear the Huskers are doing yada yada yada?"

And in those good ol' days before the interwebs, if you overheard people at the local coffee shop or at the bar speculating about the future of the local coach, did you also harass them then about their opinions without providing any commentary of value yourself? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Ulty said:

And in those good ol' days before the interwebs, if you overheard people at the local coffee shop or at the bar speculating about the future of the local coach, did you also harass them then about their opinions without providing any commentary of value yourself? 

he provided commentary in 10 other local coffee shops so he didnt need to add any more.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I remember back in the olden days before anti-social media when you'd pick up the sports section of the paper and it would say "Husker AD decides yada yada yada..." ……..and then you'd tell your friends "Hey, did you hear the Huskers are doing yada yada yada?"

Back when you use to walk to school two miles, up-hill both ways in 2 feet of snow?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Back when you use to walk to school two miles, up-hill both ways in 2 feet of snow?

Yeah, back when we used to do something besides sitting around pretending we were running the team.

But there were a few vocal experts even in the old timey days who insisted we get rid of that lousy football coach Osborne. They'd get up on the serving counter in small town cafes and wave their arms wildly.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

his public outward appearance suggests

couldnt quote you because your post was a quote but in regards to that

Don't really care either way about Miles specifically, but isn't this point a technicality? I mean, isn't that true of every public figure in the world? 

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Be patient, as we might have to wait until after the NIT

Yeah, I think there's a decent chance that we get an NIT invite which we've said we'll accept.  So I assume it'll have to wait until after that.  

Is the NIT announced Sunday or Monday?