Replacements for Miles

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can’t read the article, but if Dirk is trying to say Moos has drug this out too long, that’s BS. 

There has has been zero reason to fire Miles until the last game is played. That appears to be after we play in the NIT. 

Since it's paywall content I won't say much other than Dirk does feel Moos is taking too long, but he brings up a couple of interesting points as to why he feels that way.

He also thinks some national pundits are being ridiculous by saying Nebraska should basically stay in their lane and retain Miles because they've never been a good basketball school (I agree with Dirk on that bit).

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can’t read the article, but if Dirk is trying to say Moos has drug this out too long, that’s BS. 

There has has been zero reason to fire Miles until the last game is played. That appears to be after we play in the NIT. 

Yes, he said it should have been done Friday night or Saturday morning.  That would have been stupid, especially since it looks like we will get in the NIT.

But I'm pretty confused why Moos said anything.  There doesn't seem to be any point in that (other than to tip his hand that he is actually going to fire Miles).

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes, he said it should have been done Friday night or Saturday morning.  That would have been stupid, especially since it looks like we will get in the NIT.

But I'm pretty confused why Moos said anything.  There doesn't seem to be any point in that (other than to tip his hand that he is actually going to fire Miles).

Yeah....the statement mood put out was odd. 

I think it was only put out because someone said there was going to be a statement in 45 minutes. 

At at that point, he had to say something. 

• Plus1 2

Why Dirk thinks he is an expert AD is beyond me. It’s ok for him to post his opinion on a message board but to continuely do it in his articles is what’s wrong with today’s “journalism.” 

Nonetheless, I agree with waiting on the Miles decision/announcement out of respect for the seniors and team to let them complete their season before making a move as it gives the team the best opportunity to win. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Why Dirk thinks he is an expert AD is beyond me. It’s ok for him to post his opinion on a message board but to continuely do it in his articles is what’s wrong with today’s “journalism.” 

Dirk is a columnist. That's an important distinction to make if you're going to criticize journalism as a whole.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

But he has a long track record of being a d bag when it comes to the big red, no matter the sport. 

I have no problem with people having an opinion about Dirk. My response to bugeater had nothing to do with that.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Dirk is a columnist. That's an important distinction to make if you're going to criticize journalism as a whole.

He needs to stick to reporting news was the purpose of my post. I have no issue with an opinion sprinkled in here and there - but he has gone away from reporting news to only writing on his opinion and what he thinks the AD should act and do. Not only are his opinions off base for his audience but often not well thought out. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

He needs to stick to reporting news was the purpose of my post. I have no issue with an opinion sprinkled in here and there - but he has gone away from reporting news to only writing on his opinion and what he thinks the AD should act and do. Not only are his opinions off base for his audience but often not well thought out. 

Forgive my bluntness, as I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you're understanding why I pointed this all out.

Dirk is a columnist, which is not the same thing as a reporter. It may seem like semantics but it's not. It's his job to be opinionated. I don't have a problem disagreeing with his opinions - that's fair game. But, you can't use editorialism as an indictment against journalism in this way. Dirk's job is to write persuasive pieces based on fact.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Forgive my bluntness, as I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you're understanding why I pointed this all out.

Dirk is a columnist, which is not the same thing as a reporter. It may seem like semantics but it's not. It's his job to be opinionated. I don't have a problem disagreeing with his opinions - that's fair game. But, you can't use editorialism as an indictment against journalism in this way. Dirk's job is to write persuasive pieces based on fact.

I think you are confusing columnist with opinion journalism there bud. Also, how is what he is doing editorialism? I’m not sure you understand what your saying... nonetheless your last sentence is the only premise we can agree on - but again Dirk’s articles lack facts and merely recitation of his opinions. If he had some basis or experience on the topics he’d have some credibility. 

6 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

I think you are confusing columnist with opinion journalism there bud. Also, how is what he is doing editorialism? I’m not sure you understand what your saying... nonetheless your last sentence is the only premise we can agree on - but again Dirk’s articles lack facts and merely recitation of his opinions. If he had some basis or experience on the topics he’d have some credibility. 

Dirk is very frustrating as a writer. 

He has the ability to put out the most in depth and best researched articles about Nebraska sports of anyone.

But then he does things like this that just seem like he’s trying to create contravercy where there isn’t any. 

• Plus1 4
On 3/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I'm utterly amazed at how much Stan-ing the media, both locally and nationally, is doing for Miles. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dirk is very frustrating as a writer. 

He has the ability to put out the most in depth and best researched articles about Nebraska sports of anyone.

But then he does things like this that just seem like he’s trying to create contravercy where there isn’t any. 

He's a much, much, much, much, much better longform writer, particularly about subjects that are not related to Husker sports. 

• Plus1 2