Replacements for Miles

Gregg Marshall always said he'd never leave for a rebuilding job. Which is great, because he wouldn't have to do that here - can't rebuild what was never built in the first place! :stir

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Big red surfers said:

Sampson being linked to the Arkansas job.  

Also hearing Walton is on UCLA short list.  

Maybe there a sliver of hope for musselman  

I dont think I would want musselman. I watched one of their games and the announcer said his offensive philosophy is isolation. So basically give it to your best player and see if he can score on his own. Awesome. Sounds like Tim Miles 2.0. 

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Golden State with far less talented players.  

Yes. Isolation works great if you have Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant etc caliber players. 

But thinking we are going to win year in and year out relying on a stud or 2. Good luck in college. I would rather have a system that allows regular caliber players to succeed and compete against anyone. Then if we strike gold and land some great scoring talent then you are just that much better in your system.

• Plus1 2

Out of our realm, but our sources in Peoria are saying that Brian Wardle is meeting with Chris Reynolds as we speak. Wardle has been approached about the Nebraska opening.

I just hope this isnt true. .388 winning record. That would be a worse hire than Miles and Riley. My guess would be if he did talk to him that old sly Moos Dog is just throwing everyone off the scent.
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Out of our realm, but our sources in Peoria are saying that Brian Wardle is meeting with Chris Reynolds as we speak. Wardle has been approached about the Nebraska opening.

I just hope this isnt true. .388 winning record. That would be a worse hire than Miles and Riley. 

No way.  Moos ain't gonna make a mistake like that.

10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yes. Isolation works great if you have Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant etc caliber players. 

But thinking we are going to win year in and year out relying on a stud or 2. Good luck in college. I would rather have a system that allows regular caliber players to succeed and compete against anyone. Then if we strike gold and land some great scoring talent then you are just that much better in your system.

So, you are saying if we can get an additional year for Johnny Trueblood it would be worth bringing in Muss?

I agree. 

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just hope this isnt true. .388 winning record. That would be a worse hire than Miles and Riley. My guess would be if he did talk to him that old sly Moos Dog is just throwing everyone off the scent.

I hope this is sarcasm. Moos doesn't seem the type to waste time "throwing people off the scent."

58 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Agree 100%