Replacements for Miles

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Good to know, I believe we will not here anything until after Mich. St. gets beat.  

I think Hoiberg is the guy, but my assumption is it wasnt as far along as we were led to believe but both parties had talked, were interested and money was known.

Once the job was officially open, maybe they got more serious about actual $$$, and assistant coaches and things like that.

While all that was going on, I would assume Moos was calling backup options.

I would not be shocked at all if Oats was one option or some other options are gone and he is simply checking in on others but I doubt he is going to hire Bradleys coach. 

If it isnt Hoiberg, I would be pretty bummed. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think Hoiberg is the guy, but my assumption is it wasnt as far along as we were led to believe but both parties had talked, were interested and money was known.

Once the job was officially open, maybe they got more serious about actual $$$, and assistant coaches and things like that.

While all that was going on, I would assume Moos was calling backup options.

I would not be shocked at all if Oats was one option or some other options are gone and he is simply checking in on others but I doubt he is going to hire Bradleys coach. 

If it isnt Hoiberg, I would be pretty bummed. 

Considering other good coaches are going to other places!

18 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yes. Isolation works great if you have Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant etc caliber players. 

But thinking we are going to win year in and year out relying on a stud or 2. Good luck in college. I would rather have a system that allows regular caliber players to succeed and compete against anyone. Then if we strike gold and land some great scoring talent then you are just that much better in your system.

If you think Golden State is all about isolation ball, then you aren’t watching them very closely. They are among the best passing teams and ball movement in NBA history since Kerr became their coach. They have used iso plays a little more with Durant, but their whole offense is predicated on quick passing and ball movement to create good shots. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you think Golden State is all about isolation ball, then you aren’t watching them very closely. They are among the best passing teams and ball movement in NBA history since Kerr became their coach. They have used iso plays a little more with Durant, but their whole offense is predicated on quick passing and ball movement to create good shots. 

Wrong guy, I was not the one making a comment about Golden State. My comment is in reference to needing great talent/shooters to play isolation ball. 

• Plus1 1
On 3/29/2019 at 6:59 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

The whole NBA was changed by Mike D'antoni and his system, especially the 7SOL days in Phoenix.  They may make fun of his defense at times but there's no doubt he's been the architect of the new NBA, passing schemes, interchangeable players with no set position, teams valuing the 3 point shot at a much higher clip and lesser emphasis on big man post play.  It is funny how he uses more iso these days with a generational talent in James Harden though, adapting to his roster.  That Suns team that played at a "lightning quick pace" at that time would be near the bottom these days though which is remarkable, so far removed from the goon ball of the '90s Heat and Knicks that almost became unwatchable basketball.