Thurston from Pender

Replacements for Miles

I wonder if Moos has been running around the country asking good coaches if they want to coach here and they all said things like, "Are you kidding?" or "HAHA, FAT CHANCE!!!" ?

I'm just curious.

13 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I wonder if Moos has been running around the country asking good coaches if they want to coach here and they all said things like, "Are you kidding?" or "HAHA, FAT CHANCE!!!" ?

I'm just curious.

Do you go away when Miles gets fired?

im just curious.

Just now, knapplc said:

He’s at his sons Spring Game at Cal according to Callahan.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

im just curious.

He left on Thursday for a game that takes place on Saturday. 

He easily could have left today but sure does feel like he booked his flight in advance thinking we would lose day 1.

Its not a good look from Moos. 

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Admit it....it's like an angry mob with pitchforks trying to bully the sheriff. And what makes you think I disagree with you? I just think there's a time and place for it.

Ok, so dont share my opinion on sports on a sports themed message board built to discuss opinions...

Got it!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Admit it....it's like an angry mob with pitchforks trying to bully the sheriff. And what makes you think I disagree with you? I just think there's a time and place for it.

I'll take Absurd Exaggerations for $1000, Alex.

Where's @famoustitles when you need him?

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'll take Absurd Exaggerations for $1000, Alex.

Where's @famoustitles when you need him?

Hey Mavric, that seems like an opinion you just shared... Hayseed has made it clear that those are not allowed.

Please dont include anymore opinions on here.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

im just curious.

Do you start ragging on the new coach or does that take a couple years before he's no good?

23 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Hey Mavric, that seems like an opinion you just shared... Hayseed has made it clear that those are not allowed.

Please dont include anymore opinions on here.

You can share any opinion you want...clickbait is what it's about. I've been sharing mine on everything but I don't cry to you about what you think. You make me laugh.

Just now, Hayseed said:

Do you start ragging on the new coach or does that take a couple years before he's no good?

Well usually you evaluate how the coach is doing as the years go by. Miles had 7 years and only got to the tournament once. This was supposed to be one of if not the best team in Nebraska history. Even with the Copleand injury, they had plenty of talent to go out and compete and win games. They underperformed plain and simple.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Hayseed said:

You can share any opinion you want...clickbait is what it's about. I've been sharing mine on everything but I don't cry to you about what you think. You make me laugh.

Really, how old are you?  Many of your comments are of a teenager. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

WHO TOLD YOU I WAS CRYING???.... I just happened to get something in both my eyes and my coworker had onions on their sandwich.. I wasnt like actually crying...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I’m glad he’s making you laugh.  I guess Hes returning the favor because you’ve gone full Dave Chapelle in here.  You’re making everyone laugh.

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Id prefer to stop with hypothetical nonsense and talk about the current coach.  Seven years of .500 ball.  4 of the last 5 years they’ve played on the first day of conference tourney.  That means they are in the bottom 4.

• Plus1 1

Has an opinion actually been shared by Hayseed on Miles????

Asking for a friend who thinks he’s only deflected when asked

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

He easily could have left today but sure does feel like he booked his flight in advance thinking we would lose day 1.

Family over job. Every time. 

• Upvote 1

I'm in Cali right now for work.   Took me a day and a half with 2 cancelled flights and three delays to get here. I also had to drive to kc from lincoln just to make a flight out of Nebraska.  People who don't travel regularly don't get it... you always leave a day early for important things you can't miss. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I'm in Cali right now for work.   Took me a day and a half with 2 cancelled flights and three delays to get here. I also had to drive to kc from lincoln just to make a flight out of Nebraska.  People who don't travel regularly don't get it... you always leave a day early for important things you can't miss. 

Thought of this tweet while reading your post lol

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Moos gets Lue for tradition sake.  3.5 million for 5 years.

Try to appeal to the he's one of "us" like Frost. NBA ties. 

Not saying I would love that hire.

1 minute ago, KCBuc said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Moos gets Lue for tradition sake.  3.5 million for 5 years.

Frost was proven commodity, lue is not.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Are all the good feelings gone from the big Rutgers win and Maryland upset? Just curious if anyone still thinks the tide has turned to keep Miles? 

I personally dont understand people turning business into a good guy debate. Some think miles is a nice guy and tries hard so we should continue to pay him millions even though he doesn’t produce? There was Riley apologists too. 

Its business. You don’t produce your fired. It’s simple. 

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Are all the good feelings gone from the big Rutgers win and Maryland upset? Just curious if anyone still thinks the tide has turned to keep Miles? 

I personally dont understand people turning business into a good guy debate. Some think miles is a nice guy and tries hard so we should continue to pay him millions even though he doesn’t produce? There was Riley apologists too. 

He's gone,  we need someone to build a program not a seesaw.

7 hours ago, KCBuc said:

I’d be real surprised.  Need a college basketball coach, not a former Husker.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’d be real surprised.  Need a college basketball coach, not a former Husker.

Agree. If we had a qualified alumni I would be on board. Like frost was in football. 

I dont see lue as qualified. No idea if he can recruit, no idea if he can coach at the college level. Honestly who knows if he can coach at the pro level- we all know LeBron was running that team 

• Plus1 1

I think it's going to be incredibly difficult to justify retaining Miles:

- he finished 12th or worse in five of his seven seasons at Nebraska

- his record is .500 in those seven seasons

- in a clear 'make or break it' year, with essentially his most talented roster at Nebraska, they fell apart

The performance evidence is largely against him. If people didn't like Miles as a person, would they be OK with these results? And the upcoming NIT is a very small portion of the overall body of work. Does any result there significantly alter perception?

There's really no excuse for a program with Nebraska's resources and capabilities to have never won a tournament game, and to not make the tournament on a somewhat consistent basis. Is Miles the guy to make that happen? The evidence suggests no.

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Well, it does seem like that.  I feel like Moos probably has enough pocket change to cover the cost of changing tickets if that were the case.  And, in an interview, Tim Miles said he completely understands, and that if he had a son playing in a Spring game, he'd definitely want to be there too.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I think it's going to be incredibly difficult to justify retaining Miles:

- he finished 12th or worse in five of his seven seasons at Nebraska

- his record is .500 in those seven seasons

- in a clear 'make or break it' year, with essentially his most talented roster at Nebraska, they fell apart

The performance evidence is largely against him. If people didn't like Miles as a person, would they be OK with these results? And the upcoming NIT is a very small portion of the overall body of work. Does any result there significantly alter perception?

There's really no excuse for a program with Nebraska's resources and capabilities to have never won a tournament game, and to not make the tournament on a somewhat consistent basis. Is Miles the guy to make that happen? The evidence suggests no.

My thoughts precisely.  I love the Tim Miles persona.   But I doubt Moos is making his decision based on the Big10 tourney, nor the possible NIT appearance.  He has seven years of data on which to base his decision.  I'd like to believe that the decision was made prior to the Big 10 tournament.

15 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

One of the dumbest words used in these discussions. Just because someone isn’t supporting a coaching change.....they are apologizing for the coach? Doesn’t make sense. 

Even though I really enjoyed watching the last four games, the last half of the season isn’t forgotten. 

From what has been said publicly, by both the ad department and miles, I think there has already been a discussion where miles knew he had to have a real special Cinderella ending to the season where we qualify for the tourney and win some games, or he will be replaced. 

Everyone knows the reality. 

The only reason he’s not fired yet is because he will coach the NIT if they get in. 

And, why not, the new coach is probably still coaching too and the players want him here. 

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

So who is a legitimate good coach that would come to NE?

Its almost like you have to take a gamble on a talented up, and comer?

It not like there's great risk involved  trying something different.

1 hour ago, Slow yer Roll said:

So who is a legitimate good coach that would come to NE?

Its almost like you have to take a gamble on a talented up, and comer?

It not like there's great risk involved  trying something different.

If they open the checkbook a bit,  I don't see why they couldn't get a good,  proven coach to come.  The facilities and fan support are at sleeping giant level.  Recruit halfway decently and develop/have some coaching chops you most likely will become the best in school history. 

One sweet sixteen and you get a statue.  

I can’t read the article, but if Dirk is trying to say Moos has drug this out too long, that’s BS. 

There has has been zero reason to fire Miles until the last game is played. That appears to be after we play in the NIT. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:03 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost was proven commodity, lue is not.

Exactly. Frost’s championship as a coach was legit and Lue’s is claimed.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of the dumbest words used in these discussions. Just because someone isn’t supporting a coaching change.....they are apologizing for the coach? Doesn’t make sense. 

Even though I really enjoyed watching the last four games, the last half of the season isn’t forgotten. 

From what has been said publicly, by both the ad department and miles, I think there has already been a discussion where miles knew he had to have a real special Cinderella ending to the season where we qualify for the tourney and win some games, or he will be replaced. 

Everyone knows the reality. 

The only reason he’s not fired yet is because he will coach the NIT if they get in. 

And, why not, the new coach is probably still coaching too and the players want him here. 

I agree with everything you said.  But I'm not sure about the bolded; what would you call a person that wants Miles retained if not an "apologist"?  

a·pol·o·gist
/əˈpäləjəst/
noun

1. a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.
    "an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s"
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I will keep pimping this account, it is awesome and very harsh!  

The coaches (asst coaches) that run that account are tied in.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can’t read the article, but if Dirk is trying to say Moos has drug this out too long, that’s BS. 

There has has been zero reason to fire Miles until the last game is played. That appears to be after we play in the NIT. 

Since it's paywall content I won't say much other than Dirk does feel Moos is taking too long, but he brings up a couple of interesting points as to why he feels that way.

He also thinks some national pundits are being ridiculous by saying Nebraska should basically stay in their lane and retain Miles because they've never been a good basketball school (I agree with Dirk on that bit).

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, he said it should have been done Friday night or Saturday morning.  That would have been stupid, especially since it looks like we will get in the NIT.

But I'm pretty confused why Moos said anything.  There doesn't seem to be any point in that (other than to tip his hand that he is actually going to fire Miles).

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dirk trying to make conflict in huskerland.  What a b bag.

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes, he said it should have been done Friday night or Saturday morning.  That would have been stupid, especially since it looks like we will get in the NIT.

But I'm pretty confused why Moos said anything.  There doesn't seem to be any point in that (other than to tip his hand that he is actually going to fire Miles).

Yeah....the statement mood put out was odd. 

I think it was only put out because someone said there was going to be a statement in 45 minutes. 

At at that point, he had to say something. 

• Plus1 2

Why Dirk thinks he is an expert AD is beyond me. It’s ok for him to post his opinion on a message board but to continuely do it in his articles is what’s wrong with today’s “journalism.” 

Nonetheless, I agree with waiting on the Miles decision/announcement out of respect for the seniors and team to let them complete their season before making a move as it gives the team the best opportunity to win. 

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1