Replacements for Miles

FWIW- My aquarium guy said to watch the Altman thing closely.  Apparently, Oregon may be on the road to some sanctions and Coach Altman would not like to be there when it happens- (I am not familiar with any investigation) and Dana would not mind getting closer to home... Grandkids in the area?  I can not confirm the grandkid part, but the talk with Altman last year was there, but there was NOT an opening, so he said 'pass"... I was told talks died down a couple weeks ago and now we are "talking" again. ....My .02 is Miles will/should be let go the moment we are announced that Nebraska will be in NIT... this would allow Moos to proceed freely and compete with other openings throughout the landscape....

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If I'm Moos, I throw everything I've got at Dana Altman, and see where it goes. The Pac-12 is trash, and he may entertain the idea to come home, while competing in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. Maybe you could even get Frost in on the recruitment.... The "Nebraska boys coming home" pitch. 

I'm not sure why anybody would want Ty Lue. Just because Lebron dragged his a$$ to couple a Finals appearances?  He's never coached in college basketball before. Maybe he'd be great, I just don't see the appeal there.

I would also be concerned about how in 2018 he has to take time off for “health reasons”. I’m not going to take the time to look it up but if I recall correct wasn’t it from anxiety type symptoms? I would want a coach like that leading my program of high expectations that is for damn sure. 

Hoiberg is my #1 pick and I would think would have to be Moos’ first call. Doubt he comes because of his hatred of recruiting. But he is the top guy IMO in terms of a top tier coach we have a chance to land if we write a big check. A low chance, but a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

I would also be concerned about how in 2018 he has to take time off for “health reasons”. I’m not going to take the time to look it up but if I recall correct wasn’t it from anxiety type symptoms? I would want a coach like that leading my program of high expectations that is for damn sure. 

Hoiberg is my #1 pick and I would think would have to be Moos’ first call. Doubt he comes because of his hatred of recruiting. But he is the top guy IMO in terms of a top tier coach we have a chance to land if we write a big check. A low chance, but a chance. 

And 50% of the job is recruiting,  rest my case as he is not leaving the nba.

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Selling our souls part deux.

Said coach we are looking for also is two time NCAA title winner.  Outside shooting probably changes with him coaching as well as he was one of the first to promote attacking relentlessly from downtown and his teams shot a lot of them.

tenor.gif

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

Selling our souls part deux.

Said coach we are looking for also is two time NCAA title winner.  Outside shooting probably changes with him coaching as well as he was one of the first to promote attacking relentlessly from downtown and his teams shot a lot of them.

He can have all the private dining he desires at Misty's!

• Plus1 1

He can hate recruiting all he wants. But seems to me like his NBA coaching career isn’t off to a stellar start. Bulls’ front office didn’t help him any, but players also said he couldn’t control the locker room. Controlling kids in college who see the coach as an opportunity to make it big is a hell of a lot easier than controlling grown men who are already millionaires. He wants to coach NBA, but does anyone want him? I am only asking SouthLincoln Husker cause he has all of the answers to the really tough questions. 

• Plus1 1