Replacements for Miles

52 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It might just be me but I can't see any chance of Matt Davison being hired.  I get he played and that he does the games (I think) but coaching is so much more than that.

27 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Davison is much, much more suited for a job in the AD than on the bench. I would not be surprised if he's being groomed for the actual AD job once Moos leaves. 

* forgot to add the sarcasm indicator

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 1/27/2019 at 5:35 AM, teachercd said:

I think, just a guess, that Fred would rather just take an office position again in the NBA

Pitino would be an amazing hire and the doods that are all about "integrity" and stuff, you need to realize that the cheating is already going on, yes, even at NU.

If that's true, we aren't very good at it.  :lol:

GBR!!!

• Haha 2
On 1/26/2019 at 7:03 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Altman hates the huskers & Hoiberg is not coming out of the nba.  Oats , or mussleman

Where did you hear he hates Neb. 

I asked back when Miles was hired why they didn't hire him. Sounded to me he wanted the job then. I thought because he was  coaching at Creighton, we didn't want to step on any toes. I asked if there was any bad blood between him and NU, and no one said they heard of any. 

I think we missed on him, and to get him back now would be a tough sell. What would you tell him the reason was, he was not hired last time the opening was there. 

Would love to see him come back and try to get the program up and running, but wouldn't blame him one bit if he said stick it.....

GBR!!!

12 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Where did you hear he hates Neb. 

I asked back when Miles was hired why they didn't hire him. Sounded to me he wanted the job then. I thought because he was  coaching at Creighton, we didn't want to step on any toes. I asked if there was any bad blood between him and NU, and no one said they heard of any. 

I think we missed on him, and to get him back now would be a tough sell. What would you tell him the reason was, he was not hired last time the opening was there. 

Would love to see him come back and try to get the program up and running, but wouldn't blame him one bit if he said stick it.....

GBR!!!

They did ask him and he said no.  He has hard feelings, because we hired Doc instead of him.  If TO is completely out of the picture, he might come back.

16 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

They did ask him and he said no.  He has hard feelings, because we hired Doc instead of him.  If TO is completely out of the picture, he might come back.

Thanks for the info. That's what I was wondering about back then. Why didn't T O want to hire him ? Was it because he didn't want to cause bad feelings with  Creighton or did he and Altman have a problem between them ?

GBR!!!

6 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Thanks for the info. That's what I was wondering about back then. Why didn't T O want to hire him ? Was it because he didn't want to cause bad feelings with  Creighton or did he and Altman have a problem between them ?

GBR!!!

I'm not sure, but when I went back to look at Dana's coaching record; he is a winner everywhere he went.  

46 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

24 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

GBR!!!

14 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I'm not sure, but when I went back to look at Dana's coaching record; he is a winner everywhere he went.  

Why would Altman be salty with TO for Sadler? Doc was hired by Stevie P. Or do you mean Miles? 

If we don't get a name brand coach, we will not get decent recruits.  These mid major coaches with decent teams are situated near bigger population areas.  MAkes it much easier to find good players with talent who want to play close to home.  Buffalo being one of those areas.  Nevada being another.  Lets also look at what we really are perceived as in the basketball arena.  Nevada has wins in the NCAA tourney.  We don't yet.  Might we be near the bottom of Power 5 in terms of basketball at this moment and in the past?

That spells out to me, we need to take a chance on a guy like Sampson.  Doesn't have to be Sampson, but someone who has done it at all levels and not afraid to win.

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

If we don't get a name brand coach, we will not get decent recruits.  These mid major coaches with decent teams are situated near bigger population areas.  MAkes it much easier to find good players with talent who want to play close to home.  Buffalo being one of those areas.  Nevada being another.  Lets also look at what we really are perceived as in the basketball arena.  Nevada has wins in the NCAA tourney.  We don't yet.  Might we be near the bottom of Power 5 in terms of basketball at this moment and in the past?

That spells out to me, we need to take a chance on a guy like Sampson.  Doesn't have to be Sampson, but someone who has done it at all levels and not afraid to win.

Nevada's entire team is built on D1 transfers. Buffalo has 17 players on their roster, 8 come from transfer or Junior College and only 4 are from NY or Canada. The rest are from Ohio, Texas, MN, IL, etc. Your point above is completely fabricated. 

That being said Kelvin Sampson would be an awesome hire but 1. he's 63 and 2. I think he's only trying to leave for a NBA job at this point (his son is on staff at Houston and he wants him to be the next coach).