Replacements for Miles

11 hours ago, huskered17 said:

Where did you hear he hates Neb. 

I asked back when Miles was hired why they didn't hire him. Sounded to me he wanted the job then. I thought because he was  coaching at Creighton, we didn't want to step on any toes. I asked if there was any bad blood between him and NU, and no one said they heard of any. 

I think we missed on him, and to get him back now would be a tough sell. What would you tell him the reason was, he was not hired last time the opening was there. 

Would love to see him come back and try to get the program up and running, but wouldn't blame him one bit if he said stick it.....

GBR!!!

could start with a different decision maker

I think Moos needs a drinking buddy - How bout Billy Gillispie? 

But seriously, it's an intriguing name to me that I haven't seen mentioned and I would think fairly realistic if we wanted him.  Although he is 60 so he may be comfortable in the juco ranks. 

If nothing else maybe he could help us keep building an all juco team :sarcasm

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

I think Moos needs a drinking buddy - How bout Billy Gillispie? 

But seriously, it's an intriguing name to me that I haven't seen mentioned and I would think fairly realistic if we wanted him.  Although he is 60 so he may be comfortable in the juco ranks. 

If nothing else maybe he could help us keep building an all juco team :sarcasm

As long as the u being all volunteer. 

5 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Like you said, he ain’t leaving the state

Agreed.

People also need to not be all in on Oats...

People need to look at Sampson (would be a homerun) and he is a dude that would LOVE to stick it to the rest of the Big Ten.

Also, I might be in the minority but I am a HUGE Scott Drew guy...dude is slimy as they come but good lord can he get it done.  I would give him a 7 year deal at 3 million a year right now.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Agreed.

People also need to not be all in on Oats...

People need to look at Sampson (would be a homerun) and he is a dude that would LOVE to stick it to the rest of the Big Ten.

Also, I might be in the minority but I am a HUGE Scott Drew guy...dude is slimy as they come but good lord can he get it done.  I would give him a 7 year deal at 3 million a year right now.

How chances does Sampson get for violations before he is banned by the NCAA?  Not a good fit.

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

How chances does Sampson get for violations before he is banned by the NCAA?  Not a good fit.

Never...

The NCAA doesn't do anything and the totally don't care about phone calls.  

I think lesson 1 is that fans need to stop worrying about what the NCAA will do and start realizing what they won't do.

• Thanks 1
On 1/26/2019 at 9:19 PM, Bad2theBONES said:

I would also be concerned about how in 2018 he has to take time off for “health reasons”. I’m not going to take the time to look it up but if I recall correct wasn’t it from anxiety type symptoms? I would want a coach like that leading my program of high expectations that is for damn sure. 

Hoiberg is my #1 pick and I would think would have to be Moos’ first call. Doubt he comes because of his hatred of recruiting. But he is the top guy IMO in terms of a top tier coach we have a chance to land if we write a big check. A low chance, but a chance. 

Agree, Hoiberg, very intriguing he's probably still getting paid a lot of money from the Chicago Bulls , so that may save us some money. His wife is from Lincoln, a midwestern guy for sure after coaching at Iowa State. I don't see Altman coaching against Creighton(even if for one game)or recruiting against them all year. Just my thoughts.