Replacements for Miles

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Hes already turned down way better jobs than Nebraska to remain in AZ

Thanks for the clarification but what were the jobs paying per year?  If Nebraska come through with a big boy offer in a big boy league...He's a competitor, at some point you would want to play the best, which I think most years is the ACC and Big Ten.  WAC is probably close to the same level as UNO in the Summit League.

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'd like to see Nebraska make a run at someone like Frank Martin.  Did a really nice job at KState and pretty much built things from scratch at South Carolina.  Dude is a heckuva coach.

Other names (total speculation obviously)

Thad Matta

I thought maybe Nebraska could make a Godfather type offer to Buzz Williams at VT but he's already making $2.6mm and signed an amended contract through 2022 that will pay him $3.3mm.  Nebraska would have to offer something in the $4mm + range which is essentially Tom Izzo level money and would put the NU coach in top 10 almost top 5 pay-wise.

I do wonder if you threw a bunch of cash at a dude like Mick Cronin from Cincy.

Mick doesn't seem to want to leave...I think he has things how he wants it at Cincy (getting JC dudes in is a snap) but he probably hates that horrible crap conference.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, Xmas32 said:

I'd like to see Nebraska make a run at someone like Frank Martin.  Did a really nice job at KState and pretty much built things from scratch at South Carolina.  Dude is a heckuva coach.

Other names (total speculation obviously)

Thad Matta

I thought maybe Nebraska could make a Godfather type offer to Buzz Williams at VT but he's already making $2.6mm and signed an amended contract through 2022 that will pay him $3.3mm.  Nebraska would have to offer something in the $4mm + range which is essentially Tom Izzo level money and would put the NU coach in top 10 almost top 5 pay-wise.

I do wonder if you threw a bunch of cash at a dude like Mick Cronin from Cincy.

Mick Cronin makes Bo Pelini look like Tom Osborne. 

• Plus1 2

On 2/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, teachercd said:

I will say it again.  Steve Pickel (I think, the Rutgers coach)

Go get him...dude can coach.

Good history with Stony Brook. But on paper it looks like hasn’t done anything at Rutgers the last three years to warrant getting hired here. .456 winning percentage. 

2 hours ago, iLoveLamp said:

Good history with Stony Brook. But on paper it looks like hasn’t done anything at Rutgers the last three years to warrant getting hired here. .456 winning percentage. 

Yeah...but that place is a s#!thole.  Rutgers plays freaking hard.

I do agree that it would not be a hire that would get people excited and I think he is well respected in coaching circles but it would be a tough sell.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I do agree that it would not be a hire that would get people excited and I think he is well respected in coaching circles but it would be a tough sell.

The place may be undesirable, but the athletic recruiting radius dwarfs the vicinity Miles (or sucsessor) has to plow.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sounds like a guy that went by MR around here - no thanks...