Replacements for Miles

6 minutes ago, desertshox said:

that would be a quite underwhelming hire. program was winning before he took over, and happened to inherit the most prolific scorer in school history.

exactly my thoughts.....it would be like hiring Tim Miles but with less HC experience 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

exactly my thoughts.....it would be like hiring Tim Miles but with less HC experience 

I lied its Doc Sadler pt 2 

3 hours ago, desertshox said:

a lot of those mid major coaches have come from well coached teams. so which would you rather have, someone who hasnt run their own program but come from a well  coached program or someone who has experience running their own program and have been in a well coached program?

Obviously the second option but do you have any realistic options that would fit that? 

On 2/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, Moiraine said:

I hear rumblings about Moiraine. Her 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade basketball team all ran the same offensive play (yes, just 1), but they knew how to execute. I feel like this would translate well to coaching, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring.

I found it. It was this one, only it was only the upper left part. I don't think anything happened after that. Maybe we switched sides sometimes? It was like our coach thought we were 5.

4-OUT.jpg

This is literally the only offense any elem/jr high team runs. It drives me crazy. There are better offenses out there and aren't that hard to learn. I wish I had time to coach my daughter. One of first offenses I would teach is the primary break into the secondary. It's just passing and moving and can create some good looks in the paint. But best thing is, it's made to find good shots from 3 too. Now while most elem/jr hi kids struggle to shoot those, it's more about learning good offense. You don't see much of it anymore. Everything is high ball screen which is s#!t. But so much you can do off primary break with different screens to get people open depending on if they are playing zone or man.  But watch North Carolina, they are probably the best at it. Of course it's usually just ran after a miss, but you can run it on a miss too, it's about understanding offense and getting players to move. Too many young kids watching crappy teams like Nebraska and think standing around watching a guy dribble its offense.

7 minutes ago, C N Red said:

This is literally the only offense any elem/jr high team runs. It drives me crazy. There are better offenses out there and aren't that hard to learn. I wish I had time to coach my daughter. One of first offenses I would teach is the primary break into the secondary. It's just passing and moving and can create some good looks in the paint. But best thing is, it's made to find good shots from 3 too. Now while most elem/jr hi kids struggle to shoot those, it's more about learning good offense. You don't see much of it anymore. But watch North Carolina, they are probably the best at it. Of course it's usually just ran after a miss, but you can run it on a miss too, it's about understanding offense and getting players to move. Too many young kids watching crappy teams like Nebraska and think standing around watching a guy dribble its offense.

I don’t get it. Do the coaches think the kids can’t pick up anything else or are they just lazy?

44 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t get it. Do the coaches think the kids can’t pick up anything else or are they just lazy?

I know they only have so much time with them but its really not that hard to learn and you base the rest of your offense off it. And nobody ive seen runs it so its harder to  defend b/c they dont see it hardly at all. Wish I had the time to coach.