Jump to content
Thurston from Pender

Replacements for Miles

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Pretty sure that was the narrative of the Message Board Warriors who think they own the team. If things don't go their way I'd suggest turning in their tickets and letting some kids have the seats.... the average fan age shouldn't be 65 anyway. If Moos decides he can get a better coach, I'm okay with that too.

Just curious. Given the facilities we have, fan attendance I believe is top 5 in the country. Do you think win 50% of your games is good enough? Do you think that is the ceiling of husker basketball and we just settle for that? Because if people think miles is the best we can do I say if you want to be great you have to expect greatness. If you settle for mediocrity that’s what you will get. 

 

We are in one of the premier basketball leagues, $$$ coming out our a$$, elite fan support and top notch facilities. Sorry but I expect more in the wins and losses. Our records do not line up with what we put into the program 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Comish said:

I've been as tough on TM as anyone and a lot of the season is on him, but holy cow, he has coached his a$$ off these last 3 game and he deserves credit for that, at least.

The hugging videos of the coaches and players interacting in the post game locker room weren't "Fake News"...

Iowa - Lights out shooting at the end.  They got worked most of the game.

 

I saw something interesting yesterday after the game on BTN.  After Miles got snipered running of the court, they had a camara in the locker room.  Miles ran in like a goof ball, that’s his deal, and the players sat in their chairs.  Their voices raised a bit and the tossed some water at him, but it just seemed weird.

 

Its just my opinion of what I saw but I agree with a few posters in here that they are playing for themselves (pride).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Moos will judge the whole season. As well as the overall results of the last 7 years. Not get caught up in some wave of good feelings because we won a few games. The season was a disaster- that is what Miles will be judged on. 

He got a token one year extension last year because of situations like the last 3 game(last year was regular conference).  A one year was for him to prove himself.  He certainly did.  I’m with you.  Id be shocked if the “good feelings” keep his job after the dumpster fire that is 2018-19.

 

I heard on the radio this week that Nebraska has played on the first day of the B1G tourney 4 of the last 5 years.  This means they have been in the bottom 4 after the regular season 4 out of 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Pretty sure that was the narrative of the Message Board Warriors who think they own the team. If things don't go their way I'd suggest turning in their tickets and letting some kids have the seats.... the average fan age shouldn't be 65 anyway. If Moos decides he can get a better coach, I'm okay with that too.

 

you keep asking why miles should be fired now let's hear why he shouldn't be fired? what kind of expectations would you put on the basketball program? like others have mentioned he has fan support, facilities and plays in one of the best conferences for basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whateveritis1224 said:

A win tomorrow probably means he's staying. As of now I would say it's probably 50/50. I do like the core of the team if Roby stays, though. Starting lineup of Roby Harris, Juco kid who's averaging like 25 a game, Allen, and someone else. I don't think the ceiling is as high as this years team, but they might be able to do something.

 

Yea, no. Moos probably already has a moving company packing up Miles' office as we speak. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Just curious. Given the facilities we have, fan attendance I believe is top 5 in the country. Do you think win 50% of your games is good enough? Do you think that is the ceiling of husker basketball and we just settle for that? Because if people think miles is the best we can do I say if you want to be great you have to expect greatness. If you settle for mediocrity that’s what you will get. 

 

We are in one of the premier basketball leagues, $$$ coming out our a$$, elite fan support and top notch facilities. Sorry but I expect more in the wins and losses. Our records do not line up with what we put into the program 

It depends on whether Moos can actually get a better coach or just feels pressured to go out and grab the latest mid-major star to please a bunch of overbearing Keyboard Warriors. The problem with message board design is that I've already answered this ten times in other threads.

Just now, desertshox said:

 

you keep asking why miles should be fired now let's hear why he shouldn't be fired? what kind of expectations would you put on the basketball program? like others have mentioned he has fan support, facilities and plays in one of the best conferences for basketball.

I didn't ask that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The problem with message board design is that I've already answered this ten times in other thread.

Being that you are the one challenging everyone, you may consider making it 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Thank f#&%ing you Oregon

 

Seriously why were people wanting this other than he’s from Nebraska and he coached at Creighton?????  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Being that you are the one challenging everyone, you may consider making it 11.

Our team just wins 3 games, are having the time of their lives, and the first thing you thing to do is get on here and make sure everybody knows you think the coach should be fired. I think you should be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really glad for Miles and the players that they're showing something extra to end the season. Maybe they are playing for their coach and maybe they did realize something that clicked.

 

Which is a thing to feel good about. But if you keep him around then you think that hot end will translate to the next season, and then it won't, we'll lose a bunch we shouldn't, and then maybe get hot again at the end of that season. Which makes you believe that will carry over into the season after. Rinse, wash, repeat.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Our team just wins 3 games, are having the time of their lives, and the first thing you thing to do is get on here and make sure everybody knows you think the coach should be fired. I think you should be fired.

Good stuff.

 

Miles should have been fired last year after the dumpster fire way he ended the season.  It was too much for Moos to take on at the time (new football and basketball coaches).  He gave him a one year extension because he had to.  I actually agree with how Moos handled it.

 

Miles had to perform this year and he flat out hasn’t.  I’ve been very consistent in my stance all year.

 

Id love to explain to you very easily how Tim Miles basketball works.....One guy, in a pedestrian offense, shoots lights out and they win.  That player struggles and the get it handed to them.  See Petteway, Shields and Palmer.

 

Coach Riley, I mean Miles, is a career .500 coach that has had 7 years.  They’ve won 3 games, Iowa was a fluke, and we are ready to sign up for another year when we already know the result.....mediocrity(.500)?

 

 

EDIT:  Good for the players.  They are doing great.  The are outplaying their coach.  Especially that Trueblood kid.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe anyone thinks Miles is staying with anything less than winning the B1G tourney and 1 or 2 games in the dance. It ain't gonna happen unless our AD doesn't want anything more than the occasional NIT berth and being in the bottom third of the conference forever.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for the feel good fans... jump on the bandwagon right now.   When it ends,  take a step back and evaluate the season like BM has to.  It was rough...  They're really is no choice unless we have a fairytale type of ending where we win the conference.... and win a game in the tournament.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...