Katerian Legrone's potential at WR

Pedro G

15 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

He had a catch this year right? I think i remember him playing in garbage time against Illinois.

I think it was against Bethune Cookman, but he had a catch and a good block. With McGriff gone I think Legrone has a chance to contribute next year - Stoll, Allen, and Rafdal all good but they don't have Legrone's speed. Could see him having some expanded packages in a few games.

6 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Legrone is not a WR but has the potential to develop into a very good receiving TE. Down the road I could see him splitting out wide (similar to Gronk) to create mismatches - but by no means should he be considered a WR.

Hybrid TE/WR is what I’m thinking. 

10 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Legrone is not a WR but has the potential to develop into a very good receiving TE. Down the road I could see him splitting out wide (similar to Gronk) to create mismatches - but by no means should he be considered a WR.

He was working with the TE's during the season, which I think is good. That is where he is headed size-wise anyway, better for him to learn his future position than get some token reps in at wr. Plus in this scheme TE's do split-out and play somewhat of a hybrid role in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/29/2019 at 8:08 AM, Roger Dorn said:

He will be similar to the role that Jordan Akins played for UCF last year. Athletic TE that creates a lot of mismatches.

It’s something I think we are missing and something that is really vital. Frost loves to use vertical passing concepts down the middle of the field because his main constraint play are outside screens. This results in a lot of split safety and cover 0 looks leaving the deep middle open. The problem is a lot of vertical concepts like switch or y cross, both of which he uses, can be slow to develop. 

A little bit of speed at TE, either inline or as an h-back, is a straight line down the middle of the field.

• 1 month later...

Not sure where he is at on the deph chart with a log jam of TEs, but I have read somewhere that he has made a lot of progress. With his athletic ability, I can imagine the coaches want to play him along with Stoll if his blocking is part of his improvement. But then those two other TEs are so darn tall, they would be useful in red zone situations.