Clemson Recruiting is attainable for Nebraska

Based on the beating Clemson gave Bama in the National Championship just shows recruiting rankings are not all. It shows you dont have to recruit in the top 5 to win it all. The Clemson team that just dismantled Bama is made up of kids from the last 5 cycles. These class rankings below are the 247 Composite.

2014- RS Seniors/     24th 

2015- Seniors /          9th

2016- Juniors /           11th

2017-Sophs /               16th

2018 Freshman/          7th

I dont know about everyone else- but that is VERY encouraging to me. I think we can do that here at Nebraska. I think that is exactly what many believe we can do. Be in the top 10-20 most years with a crack into the top 10 every few years.

Those classes are far inferior to the 1st and 2nd ranked classes bama pulls down every year yet they were superior on the field. Coaching Matters.

To add to this. The 4 classes that led up the their run of the last 4 years of the CFP every year with one other National Championship in there as well. 

2013- 15th

2012- 20th

2011- 10th

2010- 27th

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Based on the beating Clemson gave Bama in the National Championship just shows recruiting rankings are not all. It shows you dont have to recruit in the top 5 to win it all. The Clemson team that just dismantled Bama is made up of kids from the last 5 cycles. These class rankings below are the 247 Composite.

I dont know about everyone else- but that is VERY encouraging to me. I think we can do that here at Nebraska. I think that is exactly what many believe we can do. Be in the top 10-20 most years with a crack into the top 10 every few years.

Those classes are far inferior to the 1st and 2nd ranked classes bama pulls down every year yet they were superior on the field. Coaching Matters.

Coaching and coaching stability definitely matter.  Let's not forget that Clemson had a generational QB with Watson and looks to have another beast with Lawrence.  You can definitely win with less than stacked classes as long as you don't whiff on the QB.  Thankfully for NU, they've got the QB part nailed for the next couple years.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

To add to this. The 4 classes that led up the their run of the last 4 years of the CFP every year with one other National Championship in there as well. 

2013- 15th

2012- 20th

2011- 10th

2010- 27th

2014-Clemson's 247 Composite ranking was 16th  https://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Getting into the top 10 2x within 4-5 years will be very hard to do...and probably won't happen. I thnk the most overlooked thing is 5:star players. These kids are almost always next level kids that are head and shoulders above others (Clemson had 11 of them on their team) we have had 2 in the past 20 years...Not to mention the #1 overall QB who was the best prospect I've ever seen out of HS. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Getting into the top 10 2x within 4-5 years will be very hard to do...and probably won't happen. I thnk the most overlooked thing is 5:star players. These kids are almost always next level kids that are head and shoulders above others (Clemson had 11 of them on their team) we have had 2 in the past 20 years...Not to mention the #1 overall QB who was the best prospect I've ever seen out of HS. 

Hey...he would still win us multiple NCs....just ask him.

18 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Coaching and coaching stability definitely matter.  Let's not forget that Clemson had a generational QB with Watson and looks to have another beast with Lawrence.  You can definitely win with less than stacked classes as long as you don't whiff on the QB.  Thankfully for NU, they've got the QB part nailed for the next couple years.

Lawrence looks like he may be a generational talent. I would say Watson was a great player but not willing to say generational. How can he be generational if 2 years later they have a kid who may be even better? 

Also they made it to the CFP the year before with a kid who was not even that good and lost the job to a true freshman the next year. So its not just about the QB for Clemson.

17 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

How many 5 star kids did Clemson have in the 20 years before Dabo got them on this run? You cant look at one of the worst 20 year runs in Nebraska history and say see- they cant get 5 stars. It just so happens recruiting tracking and rankings didnt really take off until the last 20 years so all the data goes against Nebraska.

5 stars follow the winning programs. Start winning and they will come.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

It appears that you looked up all of the Composite rankings for all of the years except for 2014 which you looked up the 247 only rankings.  

Either way, frost will need to recruit better than 19-25 if he plans to bring Nebraska back to glory

I agree. I think to be sitting at 13th in rivals- 17th in 247 and 19th in 247 composite in year 2 with only have a 4-8 record is a damn good sign better recruiting is ahead. Just look at 2020- we are in on some elite talent. If we can string together a really nice season and put in 9 or 10 wins I think the momentum will turn into a 10-15 class in the composite. Then get 10-11 wins the next year and we are off and running. 

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How many 5 star kids did Clemson have in the 20 years before Dabo got them on this run? You cant look at one of the worst 20 year runs in Nebraska history and say see- they cant get 5 stars. It just so happens recruiting tracking and rankings didnt really take off until the last 20 years so all the data goes against Nebraska.

5 stars follow the winning programs. Start winning and they will come.

I don't think we will get many more 5 star kids even with Frost and winning. I do believe though that a top 15 class consistenlty is enough to get to the Playoffs. Wasn't trying to undermine your point when I agree with most of it