Clemson Recruiting is attainable for Nebraska

26 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Lawrence looks like he may be a generational talent. I would say Watson was a great player but not willing to say generational. How can he be generational if 2 years later they have a kid who may be even better? 

Also they made it to the CFP the year before with a kid who was not even that good and lost the job to a true freshman the next year. So its not just about the QB for Clemson.

Well, it could be that Clemson stuck lightning in a bottle in close succession.  I think that Lawrence bursting on the scene is going to cast a little shadow on what Watson did which is too bad because Watson was incredible in college and didn't have the monster defense that Bryant and Lawrence did.  We have the benefit of some hindsight here but that Bama team that Watson beat was pretty darn loaded, especially on defense (Foster, Fitzpatrick, Allen, Evans plus a couple other dudes)  Watson did finish Top 3 in Heisman voting back to back years (for what it's worth).  

You're right, it's not just about the QB for Clemson, it also helped they had 4 1st/2nd round NFL draft picks on the D Line.

I do think you and I are on the same page in that you don't need top 5 classes, but you definitely need an elite QB.

33 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Well, it could be that Clemson stuck lightning in a bottle in close succession.  I think that Lawrence bursting on the scene is going to cast a little shadow on what Watson did which is too bad because Watson was incredible in college and didn't have the monster defense that Bryant and Lawrence did.  We have the benefit of some hindsight here but that Bama team that Watson beat was pretty darn loaded, especially on defense (Foster, Fitzpatrick, Allen, Evans plus a couple other dudes)  Watson did finish Top 3 in Heisman voting back to back years (for what it's worth).  

You're right, it's not just about the QB for Clemson, it also helped they had 4 1st/2nd round NFL draft picks on the D Line.

I do think you and I are on the same page in that you don't need top 5 classes, but you definitely need an elite QB.

I agree on the QB- the good thing is I do think we have a coach and a staff and a system that lends itself to QB's thriving. Sure Mariotta was an NFL guy. The guy who followed Mariotta was not and he had great stats. Look at the numbers Milton put up and he was not a prototypical NFL talent type guy. Martinez is thriving. Everyone seems to thrive under Frost. 

I have to believe it is a combination of a few factors. 

1. Frost/Verduzco is a great coach and teacher

2. The system is easy to understand and user friendly

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree on the QB- the good thing is I do think we have a coach and a staff and a system that lends itself to QB's thriving. Sure Mariotta was an NFL guy. The guy who followed Mariotta was not and he had great stats. Look at the numbers Milton put up and he was not a prototypical NFL talent type guy. Martinez is thriving. Everyone seems to thrive under Frost. 

I have to believe it is a combination of a few factors. 

1. Frost/Verduzco is a great coach and teacher

2. The system is easy to understand and user friendly

Yup, totally agree with you here.