Nebrasketball Game # 21- Wisconsin: Tuesday, January 29- 7pm (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Wisconsin single digit win
    • Wisconsin double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2019 at 01:39 AM

1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

At least they gave effort last night. 

I would expect Thor to get more PT, he hustles and actually goes for rebounds.  He may not provide many points, but at least the effort is there & he seems to know his limitations.

Nana needs to start making shots to continue to get PT.

They say Harris is 100%, but I don't think he is.  He plays for 2-3 minutes and then never comes back.  I know he doesn't provide anything on the offensive end, but he plays good defense and tries for rebounds.

I'm not sure what to say about Heiman.  He needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle, but that won't happen until the season is over (if then).

Roby needs to stay aggressive for the entire game - not just a few minutes her and there.

Palmer & Watson CANNOT have off nights for the team to have a chance.

Allen needs to be aggressive.  Take open shots, continue to drive to the hoop.  He seems to have a floater, but doesn't use it very often.

Borchart is what he is.  Get some boards, set screens and has 5 fouls to give.  Any points he gets are a bonus.

Well said.

I just dont think Nana is very good. Thorir played way better than i expected but lets be honest, if he is getting legit minutes we are in trouble.

Heiman shows flashes but then woosh he gets killed on a play.

Thomas Allen has moments where he shows how good he is but it seems like he is scared to make a mistake.

Roby... When someone challenges him or steps up into his face, and he gets mad, he is like the hulk. He shows those flashes we all want to see but too many times he just lacks onfidence. 

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Well said.

I just dont think Nana is very good. Thorir played way better than i expected but lets be honest, if he is getting legit minutes we are in trouble.

Heiman shows flashes but then woosh he gets killed on a play.

Thomas Allen has moments where he shows how good he is but it seems like he is scared to make a mistake.

Roby... When someone challenges him or steps up into his face, and he gets mad, he is like the hulk. He shows those flashes we all want to see but too many times he just lacks onfidence. 

Thor looks pretty awkward at times, but I don't think he's a bad player.  He has a knack for the ball & a high basketball IQ.  He just needs more PT and to work on his jump shot.  I think some of the appearance of awkwardness is because he's a southpaw and they all look a little awkward to me because it's not what you see from most players.

There was a nice segment on him on the Tim Miles coach's show this week (maybe last week).

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

The biggest thing is these kids need minutes. They should've been getting minutes in the non-conference but they didn't get many outside of garbage time for whatever reason. It might take a bit for them to get comfortable and up to speed but hopefully we see some improvement game by game .

Because it was more fun to blow out some of the worst teams in the country by playing the starters for 35 minutes than get the other guys some playing time.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Because it was more fun to blow out some of the worst teams in the country by playing the starters for 35 minutes than get the other guys some playing time.

Miles has been very shortsighted this year.  Had he spent the early part of the season developing a bench, they may have lost a couple of games earlier in the season but been better off when B1G play came or when Copeland got hurt.  I understand why he would be totally focused on this year, but there is no reason to hose yourself in the future for a few minor gains this year.

I've watched most the televised games this season but haven't generally so I have no clue as to Miles' career arc.  With that said, I don't know how much you can attribute to an off shooting night against the Badgers.  As the announcers pointed out, the game changed pretty drastically once Borchardt (sp?) got his 4th and sat down.  Before last night, I only though the Iowa and Rutgers games were sad.  I guess Iowa went on a good run after blowing us out, though, so that one's appearance improved on paper?

Overall, I don't understand how this team is struggling so much considering they seem to: be able to play defense; and have more scorers than some better teams.  It just seems like the majority of these "scorers" may be cold in any given game.  I don't know how coaching factors in.

30 minutes ago, beorach said:

I've watched most the televised games this season but haven't generally so I have no clue as to Miles' career arc.  With that said, I don't know how much you can attribute to an off shooting night against the Badgers.  As the announcers pointed out, the game changed pretty drastically once Borchardt (sp?) got his 4th and sat down.  Before last night, I only though the Iowa and Rutgers games were sad.  I guess Iowa went on a good run after blowing us out, though, so that one's appearance improved on paper?

Overall, I don't understand how this team is struggling so much considering they seem to: be able to play defense; and have more scorers than some better teams.  It just seems like the majority of these "scorers" may be cold in any given game.  I don't know how coaching factors in.

I just think that Miles has them thinking too much instead of playing.   An open shot is an open shot, but we pass too many up last night and drive into the pack.  

• Plus1 1
On 1/29/2019 at 9:12 PM, teachercd said:

I love my Illini...but they are horrible!  Plus, the have to lose by 25 tomorrow night at the Barn

I wanted to bump this before the game, but teach after last night........ I told you they play hard and are tenacious.  Two things any Husker fan  would kill to see in PBA