*** 2022 Recruiting ***

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I don't get the lack of interest from us in DT Hunter Deyo. Four star teammate of Fidone. 

Ya, agreed.  It would seem to be a great connection within a stones throw.  He only has a rating of 5 on his one CB prediction to Iowa as well.  Wisky has an offer to him as well.  Actually, with being in the Top 250 ... kinda surprised their are not more, bigger offers as well.  Of course, still has a year ... but still.

11 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I don't get the lack of interest from us in DT Hunter Deyo. Four star teammate of Findone. 

I can't remember if this is him for sure but I was reading a week or so ago that there was a DT that we would seem to be interested in but is kind of a tweener in a 3-4.  Seems like it was Deyo (but not sure).

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I can't remember if this is him for sure but I was reading a week or so ago that there was a DT that we would seem to be interested in but is kind of a tweener in a 3-4.  Seems like it was Deyo (but not sure).

It was Deyo. However, I consider that rhetoric over because Wisconsin has now offered and is after him. If he's good enough for their 3-4, he's good enough for ours. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There def seems to be a larger than usual uptick in this class for high end talent in the 500 mile radius.

As it stands now, not really.

If you look at the twelve states that make up that radius, for the most part, the 2021 class has 29 4-star+ recruits. If you look at the 2022 class it has 32 4-star+ recruits, largely related to Missouri's nine in 2022 compared to their three in 2021. 

If you focus on the six states that we've actually shown the ability to recruit high level talent from (Neb, Colo, SD, Kan, Iowa, Minn) and take out the ones we've shown little/no ability to recruit high level talent from (Okla, Missouri, Wisc, Illinois) the numbers are less in favor of 2022: 

2021: 12 4-star+

2022: 8 4-star+

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Not sure if this has been asked somewhere. Am I safe to assume Eli Raridon is John's little brother? Double Husker legacy, but I assume John's experience here put a sour taste in the mouth? 

https://247sports.com/Player/Eli-Raridon-46094684/

I've guessed that but I haven't gotten around to looking into it.

IIRC, John was one of those guys who was just as developed as he was going to get in high school.  Just peaked early.  Not sure if that would affect Eli or not. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I've guessed that but I haven't gotten around to looking into it.

IIRC, John was one of those guys who was just as developed as he was going to get in high school.  Just peaked early.  Not sure if that would affect Eli or not. 

Well, I dug in... and can confirm, it is John's little brother, meaning dad played here too. :) Just a matter of perspective. I hope the family isn't salty he didn't get much playing time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...