*** 2022 Recruiting ***

Nebraska currently has 7 commits, none of whom are 4* players.

If the class is about half full, there is talk the class could be as small as 15, every single commit from here on out needs to be a consensus 4* player for this class to be competitive. The program needs 8-10 of those players each year to be where we want the program to be. 

Frost is not even close right now. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

If the class is about half full, there is talk the class could be as small as 15, every single commit from here on out needs to be a consensus 4* player for this class to be competitive. The program needs 8-10 of those players each year to be where we want the program to be. 

I don’t think we will get one four star in this class unless somebody gets ranked up. Rankings are a little wonky with the lack of camp cycles and such but it’s not exactly overwhelming. I think Williams & Samon are four star talents but I don’t think either of them will be joining the class for several reasons. Monds & the New Jersey DB would be good gets at CB. No idea who we get at S. OL is hit or miss. Not too impressed with the prospects there. DL we shall see. 

Happens when you’ve had no football success since your tenure & cannot do official visits for a whole year…you are going to suffer when you are in a geographical wasteland for talent like NE. 

and you can’t recruit St. Louis, Omaha, or KC metro very well. 

• Plus1 4

Definitely not going to be a flashy class. However I don’t think most of these guys will expect to contribute immediately so hopefully this group is willing to stick around and develop a few years. I could also see us hitting the portal hard the next couple years. 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I understand what you are saying; however, this is an odd year in the ratings with lack of camps last year and this spring. I think a couple of the current commits will get ratings bumps and the most likely to get to 4* are: Page, Jones, Hausman, and Torres. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I understand what you are saying; however, this is an odd year in the ratings with lack of camps last year and this spring. I think a couple of the current commits will get ratings bumps and the most likely to get to 4* are: Page, Jones, Hausman, and Torres. 

Also, only Hayes, Jones and Hausmann have actual rankings from Rivals.  They all have a three-star rating from Rivals but they aren't numerically ranked at their position.  If they don't have a position ranking, they go into the 247 Composite as .8333 - the lowest rating for a three-star.  So that drags their Composite rating down.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Also, only Hayes, Jones and Hausmann have actual rankings from Rivals.  They all have a three-star rating from Rivals but they aren't numerically ranked at their position.  If they don't have a position ranking, they go into the 247 Composite as .8333 - the lowest rating for a three-star.  So that drags their Composite rating down.

This makes a lot of sense on the wonkiness of the ratings. 

Still, Nebraska isn't exactly competing with elite programs for most of these players. This is in part because coaches haven't been able to evaluate and offer as they normally would. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This makes a lot of sense on the wonkiness of the ratings. 

Still, Nebraska isn't exactly competing with elite programs for most of these players. This is in part because coaches haven't been able to evaluate and offer as they normally would. 

Nebraska was actually in early on two guys (Kanak and Samson) which we were leading for and will/may lose out to elite programs (Clemson/Bama and Ohio State).

• Plus1 1

I’ve stopped worrying about how highly rated the recruiting class is. What does it matter if you can’t keep your highly rated players?  This staff needs to focus on fixing game issues. They need to fix the kicking game. They need to fix the penalties. They need to learn to manage the clock at the end of games. You do that and you’ll win a lot more games, then the recruits follow. Chasing stars on recruits that won’t stay anyway all while you keep losing games due to the same stupid stuff is the tail wagging the dog. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Radioactive Man said:

I’ve stopped worrying about how highly rated the recruiting class is. What does it matter if you can’t keep your highly rated players?  This staff needs to focus on fixing game issues. They need to fix the kicking game. They need to fix the penalties. They need to learn to manage the clock at the end of games. You do that and you’ll win a lot more games, then the recruits follow. Chasing stars on recruits that won’t stay anyway all while you keep losing games due to the same stupid stuff is the tail wagging the dog. 

I agree they need to fix all those things. But they are getting paid to do them all. Including recruiting highly rated players. To fix the program we need wins, we need recruits and we need well coached disciplined teams on game day. 

We have something like 55 give or take freshman. This class doesn’t need to be stacked with so called 4* anyway. Everyone is going to get redshirted. But for those who care about stars, there are probably a handful of these kids that will get bumped up in time. The whole star rating system this year is completely out of whack/Inconsistent due to Covid.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

We have something like 55 give or take freshman. This class doesn’t need to be stacked with so called 4* anyway. Everyone is going to get redshirted. But for those who care about stars, there are probably a handful of these kids that will get bumped up in time. The whole star rating system this year is completely out of whack/Inconsistent due to Covid.

I actually like a lot of the prospects committed to us currently, maybe I am crazy. 

• Plus1 1