Official Visit Lists: 247 - Husker Online
HOL Tracking All Visits

QB - 1 - RICHARD TORRES
RB - 1 - ASHTON HAYES
WR - 2-3 - VICTOR JONESGRANT PAGE
TE - 1 - CHASE ANDROFF
OT - 1-2 - 
OG/C - 1-2 - VALEN ERICKSON

DL - 2-3 - HAYDEN SCHWARTZ, Kenneth GrantDomonique OrangeTrevon McAlpineBen RobertsJoshua White
ILB - 1 - ERNEST HAUSMANN

OLB - 1-2 -  JAKE APPLEGETTyler Martin

CB - 1-2 - Avery PowellJordan AllenBenjamin MorrisonQuantaves Gaskins
S - 1 - Nathan Vail

Early enrollees:

Edited by Mavric
Updated

Fans tend to get spoiled once they've won it all. They have high standards, and want to see them maintained. Little chinks in the armor are all they have to complain about. Sadly, over the past 20 years our fan base has continued to lower and lower their standards, and those who still have those same original high standards are persecuted.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Fans tend to get spoiled once they've won it all. They have high standards, and want to see them maintained. Little chinks in the armor are all they have to complain about. Sadly, over the past 20 years our fan base has continued to lower and lower their standards, and those who still have those same original high standards are persecuted.

Persecuted is a very strong word. Even if it's an accurate one, maintaining the same standards of excellence from a program that doesn't have the infrastructure or talent or stability or resources to achieve excellence is, by definition, unreasonable.

Your expectations should be commensurate with the building blocks and landscape context they're based on or related to. 

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Persecuted is a very strong word. Even if it's an accurate one, maintaining the same standards of excellence from a program that doesn't have the infrastructure or talent or stability or resources to achieve excellence is, by definition, unreasonable.

Your expectations should be commensurate with the building blocks and landscape context they're based on or related to. 

Well, I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I'm "not a true fan" or "maybe you should find another team to cheer for" or "maybe you should be on the sidelines since you know so much." I refuse to lower my standards. People - and in this case a team - will rise to the standards set before them. If you're willing to let them get by with low standards, then that's what they'll do. I teach at a school that was rated a D- by the state board of education when I first arrived. It is a predominantly African-American school and the other high school in the district, that's predominantly white, was far ahead. The belief was that the kids at our school would never be able to reach the lofty goals that the other school had set in place, but we refused to believe that. A decade later, we have caught up to and surpassed the other school... all because we set high standards and we made those kids rise to meet those standards. 

• Fire 2

15 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I refuse to lower my standards.

On the flip side, statements like this get old.  Like someone wanting to see improvement and are willing to see that in a 7 or 9 win season are some how so amazingly happy with that record that they are perfectly fine not getting any better than that.

News flash, those people still crave winning championships and ultimately, that's the goal everyone is striving for.

• Plus1 2

You could also say that you (Scarlet) didn't achieve those high marks right away. It took time (a decade) and finished with different students than you started with. I've been teaching for 20+ years and you always try to improve, but you don't achieve greatness overnight. You try things, notice where you have improvement and where it is lacking. Then you make changes and try to improve. Each player (student) is different and will respond to methods differently. It takes everyone to make it, even the  low achievers. You also have to make cuts to the staff when necessary to improve, Frost has done this to some degree, but you also have to give them a chance to grow and improve. especially when you started where they did.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:59 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

What do you think is the number we need to show recruits progress? I don't think 7 wins is good enough. Husker fans would have s#!t themselves in the past thinking about a 7 win season. Now we are like hey its better than 4 or 5 wins. Just because OUR expectations have lowered doesn't mean its good enough for high school kids with offers from other top P5 schools who are winning 9+ every year.

You damn well know if a coach at Nebraska consistently wins 9+ games they are soon to be canned 

On 7/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, jager said:

You could also say that you (Scarlet) didn't achieve those high marks right away. It took time (a decade) and finished with different students than you started with. I've been teaching for 20+ years and you always try to improve, but you don't achieve greatness overnight. You try things, notice where you have improvement and where it is lacking. Then you make changes and try to improve. Each player (student) is different and will respond to methods differently. It takes everyone to make it, even the  low achievers. You also have to make cuts to the staff when necessary to improve, Frost has done this to some degree, but you also have to give them a chance to grow and improve. especially when you started where they did.

Which is why I remain patient and continue to support Frost. That said, it's time to show some marked improvement.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Which is why I remain patient and continue to support Frost. That said, it's time to show some marked improvement.

I agree. I still support Frost. But you can support Frost and still acknowledge the short comings of his job so far and the program in general. Too often on this board some posters think frustration and criticism of the program means you are against Frost and or the program. 

• Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. I still support Frost. But you can support Frost and still acknowledge the short comings of his job so far and the program in general. Too often on this board some posters think frustration and criticism of the program means you are against Frost and or the program. 

Must hate the Huskers to not approve of 12-20 and not be expecting 10-2 in 2021. :lol: