*** 2022 Recruiting ***

14 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. I still support Frost. But you can support Frost and still acknowledge the short comings of his job so far and the program in general. Too often on this board some posters think frustration and criticism of the program means you are against Frost and or the program. 

That's what I've been saying all along. Nebraska fans, including many on this board, don't respond kindly to criticism of any kind, even if it's warranted. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I feel this is at least a part of why Nebraska is struggling with recruiting this year.  We weren't able to get the kids early on campus for unofficial visits so they can see the city and campus and fight this stigma.  So, they didn't have enough interest when time came to have officials and gain more interest.

• Plus1 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:28 AM, Warrior10 said:

Amir Dendy 2022 prospect is working out for Fisher today. Ranked low 3* on 247 as a RB prospect (we are interested at DB). Utah offered last Nov and Ole Miss offered in May. 

Left w/o offer.

Side note: 

This class is pretty bad. 2023 cycle can’t come soon enough. Need to win..now. 

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen this kind of speculated about for a couple weeks but now a more firm report that the staff is comfortable with where they're at right now and is in a little bit of a holding pattern hoping they can get some on-field results and maybe make a push for some bigger fish with the few spots remaining.

"Betting on themselves", as it were.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've seen this kind of speculated about for a couple weeks but now a more firm report that the staff is comfortable with where they're at right now and is in a little bit of a holding pattern hoping they can get some on-field results and maybe make a push for some bigger fish with the few spots remaining.

"Betting on themselves", as it were.

That sounds promising for the season.  The staff knows if they have a good team or not. They aren't stupid and they know football and have been around good teams.  If they think they will be good enough to impress some people this season in recruiting.....I'm happy.

• Oh Yeah! 4
17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That sounds promising for the season.  The staff knows if they have a good team or not. They aren't stupid and they know football and have been around good teams.  If they think they will be good enough to impress some people this season in recruiting.....I'm happy.

To be fair, this staff seemed to think they were gonna be pretty good long before now.  Frost telling people ‘they better get us now’ comes to mind.  Looking back, ‘now’ has been an awfully long time. 

• Plus1 1