*** 2022 Recruiting ***

6 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Is it possible that since Covid the ratings are a little off of what they should be since HS players couldn't play a full year and or get to camps to improve their ratings on recruiting sites. Diamonds in the rough

Yes. 

I think some have been saying there could be some big adjustments once their senior season is played. 

2 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Is it possible that since Covid the ratings are a little off of what they should be since HS players couldn't play a full year and or get to camps to improve their ratings on recruiting sites. Diamonds in the rough

It is possible. It is also likely. It is also likely we have a bit of a dud class due to recent results on the field. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Kayak said:

Most university budgets are going to be able to keep every scholarship player that received a free eligibility year from last season.  The transfer portal will be overflowed for the next few seasons until it’s all flushed through.

And, the vast majority of those won't find a home at an FBS program.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, the vast majority of those won't find a home at an FBS program.

You’re correct because most FBS programs will be in the same situation.  It was great they received a year back, but it may not be where they want it to be when they are juniors or seniors 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Kayak said:

You’re correct because most FBS programs will be in the same situation.  It was great they received a year back, but it may not be where they want it to be when they are juniors or seniors 

I actually think you will see a lot of guys not taking their extra year of eligibility over the next 3-4 years.  If they are deep on the depth chart, a lot will hang it up and get on with their lives.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually think you will see a lot of guys not taking their extra year of eligibility over the next 3-4 years.  If they are deep on the depth chart, a lot will hang it up and get on with their lives.

Many will have to no matter what because there isn’t going to be room for all the transfers at the lower levels either

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Kayak said:

Eh, that will play a part.  But there have been a ton of guys transfer every year that don't go to FBS programs for reasons that had nothing to do with extra eligibility.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, that will play a part.  But there have been a ton of guys transfer every year that don't go to FBS programs for reasons that had nothing to do with extra eligibility.

I think budgets will play a big part.  I heard it directly from a college head coach during a football camp.  It will take time to shake out.