*** 2022 Recruiting ***

On 6/29/2021 at 9:58 AM, BigRedN said:

Everything I'm hearing is that we are on the right track ... so ... I'm expecting a solid year with no reasons to be negative on anything.  I'm excited.

Seems like I hear that same thing every spring/summer -- how great the team has looked, better than they have in a long time, headed in the right direction, showing a lot of progress...... then the season starts and it's the same old sloppy, undisciplined crap. It's time to put up or shut up. No more excuses.

32 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Seems like I hear that same thing every spring/summer -- how great the team has looked, better than they have in a long time, headed in the right direction, showing a lot of progress...... then the season starts and it's the same old sloppy, undisciplined crap. It's time to put up or shut up. No more excuses.

Couldn't agree more.  As "tough" as the they say our schedule is ... if we are as "improved" as Scott and the players say we are ... 4-1 is done.  Also, we will look good in all those wins and we won't be embarrassed by Oklahoma.  The next two weeks are both home games.  With the mindset that I'm hearing, I just can't comprehend how we don't beat Northwestern.  Michigan is a winnable game as well.  The next week is at Minny.  I really don't see any reason we don't go 2-1 in that stretch, which puts us at 6-2 or possible 7-1 [again ... in how I'm being sold that we are headed in the right direction and showing progress].  Purdue [the next week] would be an easy win.  We are 7-2 or 8-1.  Then, we lose to OSU and my guess is would go 1-1 against Wisky and Iowa at worst.  That puts us at three losses [four at max].

I don't see any other way we lose more than 4 games.   We then go to a bowl and win it ... and the Huskers have a season that shows we have turned the corner.  That sounds all good and great to me.  If the progress is all there then we are gonna see some clean, disciplined football and a sense that Scott has "restored the order" [in a limited sense].

I think we will have excuses at the end of the season [like we had the 2nd toughest schedule, etc].  :-)

13 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Couldn't agree more.  As "tough" as the they say our schedule is ... if we are as "improved" as Scott and the players say we are ... 4-1 is done.  Also, we will look good in all those wins and we won't be embarrassed by Oklahoma.  The next two weeks are both home games.  With the mindset that I'm hearing, I just can't comprehend how we don't beat Northwestern.  Michigan is a winnable game as well.  The next week is at Minny.  I really don't see any reason we don't go 2-1 in that stretch, which puts us at 6-2 or possible 7-1 [again ... in how I'm being sold that we are headed in the right direction and showing progress].  Purdue [the next week] would be an easy win.  We are 7-2 or 8-1.  Then, we lose to OSU and my guess is would go 1-1 against Wisky and Iowa at worst.  That puts us at three losses [four at max].

I don't see any other way we lose more than 4 games.   We then go to a bowl and win it ... and the Huskers have a season that shows we have turned the corner.  That sounds all good and great to me.  If the progress is all there then we are gonna see some clean, disciplined football and a sense that Scott has "restored the order" [in a limited sense].

I think we will have excuses at the end of the season [like we had the 2nd toughest schedule, etc].  :-)

If I hear the "we are a young team" excuse one more time I may slit my wrists

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 7/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, BigRedN said:

We can have more than 3 or 4 losses without B.S. excuses. An entire season is its own entity that is more than the aggregated sum of all the individual games.

This is where we often get disappointed as fans because we only look at it in terms of single game units instead of one large thing, which can drastically change based off of very difficult to quantify elements.

Also, please never say 'Restore The Order' again lol

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'll be content - not happy, but content - if we make a bowl this season. If we don't make a bowl, gotta think that Frost will be asked to make some changes based on perceived weaknesses within the program (*cough*Verduzco*cough*), and that his own seat will be getting toasty. 

Major decisions should always be made on perception.  Who needs that reality thing anyway?

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'll be content - not happy, but content - if we make a bowl this season. If we don't make a bowl, gotta think that Frost will be asked to make some changes based on perceived weaknesses within the program (*cough*Verduzco*cough*), and that his own seat will be getting toasty. 

I was reading an article on win projections and bowl projections.  I found it interesting that of all the teams in the west we were picked with fewest wins.  In the bowl projection, it had Buffalo in a bowl, but no :bigredn: in a bowl.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

LOL - funny... I've been told that my realistic views and stances on things make me a Debbie Downer :D One thing about Nebraska fans in general is that they hate negativity or pessimism of any kind, even if it's warranted.

I'd say the opposite - we collectively are incredible at finding the pessimistic lens to look through even when we're winning 10-11-12 games.

• Plus1 2