Way Too Early 2019 Depth Chart

BIG ERN

Look for one of the FR Wideouts other than Robinson to break the 2 deep or maybe even Miles Jones

Im not sold on anyone returning past Spielman

With the 4 game redshirt rule in place Im thinking the following FR ( and JUCO) will see playing time- maybe even crack the 2 deep

Mills and W Robinson will definitely be in 2 deep then:

Ty Robinson

Henrich (assuming he returns well from injury) 

Nelson

Benhardt

While RBs and WRs have traditionally been the positions easiest for Freshman to play and Im saying Robinson will for sure play and another WR will crack the 2 deep- LBs typically dont play as FR- but both these kids are special and we are pretty light there

18 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Farniok as become a swear word in my house. It makes me shudder thinking of watching him whiff of blocks play after play.

I'm not sure where all the Farniok hate comes from. He's not a natural at tackle, but he's turned into a solid lineman and he could be a really good guard. I know there's a lot of questioning their metrics, but he was our only O-lineman to make a PFF Big Ten team of the week (against Purdue). IMO our line as a whole gets more blame than they deserve, and Farniok gets singled out the most. I'm comfortable with him as a starter, especially if it's at guard.

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Word is the coaches really like Hixson and also really like Farniok’s leadership.  They don’t sound as eager to move Farniok to OG as originally thought.  

I still think Farniok ends up inside at some point but it sounds like they have a little more luxury to make sure Gaylord or Benhart is really ready to get in there before making that move.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

JoJo is now "The Cinco" - combo of Nickel and OLB.

Not playing much safety right now.

Good sign all around. Means we feel good about the safety position, and being able to put essentially a third safety on the field is a popular adjustment these days. Hope the position sticks.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Domann will probably see the field a lot against spread teams and may not see the field much against bigger, pro-style teams like Wisconsin and Iowa.

They mentioned he could play Safety in base (even though he's not practicing there much), and with how many times they've talked about needing him on the field I expect he'll play a lot against everybody. A 230lb Safety is an attractive option against the heavy run teams as long as he can keep up with their deep shots, and I think he can.

• Plus1 1