Sam Keller to Get Paid

Mavric

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

The NCAA series was mostly hot garbage from the start of the 360/PS3 era onwards. It sucks it's gone but it sucks a lot less than it would've if the game was any good.

NCAA Football 14 was considered the pinnacle of the series...in more ways than one, unfortunately. 

19 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

You’re telling me if GTA VI came out this year but it was just GTA V with slightly better graphics and and a couple new missions and things to do and was being sold for $60 it would be a great game because GTA V was a great game? 

No. You’re giving it a pass because it’s a sports game that you enjoyed.

You act as though the fact it’s a sports game isn’t an important factor in whether it’s enjoyable when it doesn’t change other than the rosters, when it’s actually an integral part of the discussion.

Sports games should be more re-playable than a game like GTA that doesn’t change its story. A better comparison would be if GTA added a few cool new features to online mode and then charged extra $ and then asking if people would still say it’s a great game.

It’s kinda like comparing rewatching a movie to watching a 2nd season of football. We will watch every new season of football even though it’s the same sport. 

Again, I’ve never played the football game, I just don’t agree with the comparison. 

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Sports games should be more re-playable than a game like GTA that doesn’t change its story. A better comparison would be if GTA added a few cool new features to online mode and then charged extra $ and then asking if people would still say it’s a great game.

But...that's exactly what Rockstar is doing with GTA V. Sadly.

---

Also, didn't know if folks have seen this, but someone's trying to put together a non-licensed College Football game for consoles next year:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/23/17270476/college-football-video-games-gridiron-champions-imackulate-vision-gaming

The big thing to note, is that the school logos, colors, rosters, locations, etc. are all malleable. 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

But I’m not arguing whether it’s enjoyable. I said I had fun playing the game. 

I didn’t say you were. But you are arguing that people are giving it a pass because it’s a sports game they enjoyed, and comparing it to GTA which glosses over the important part, that it’s a sports game. The replayability is different. In GTA releases I expect a new story, new characters, a new environment, and maybe some new features (like when they added exercise and diet and gang turf). In a sports game I want the same sport, same stadiums, updated rosters, and maybe improved graphics but that’s not a huge deal. The fact it’s a sports game is very important and comparing it to GTA doesn’t make sense. 

32 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I didn’t say you were. But you are arguing that people are giving it a pass because it’s a sports game they enjoyed, and comparing it to GTA which glosses over the important part, that it’s a sports game. The replayability is different. In GTA releases I expect a new story, new characters, a new environment, and maybe some new features (like when they added exercise and diet and gang turf). In a sports game I want the same sport, same stadiums, updated rosters, and maybe improved graphics but that’s not a huge deal. The fact it’s a sports game is very important and comparing it to GTA doesn’t make sense. 

I would’ve liked if EA fixed issues with the game instead of them being carried through to the next 5 games. I would’ve liked a better player career. The NBA 2K games had way better player careers. A lot of the mechanics in the passing game were bad. The momentum system needed an update and switching players on defense after a completed pass was similar to gambling. I didn’t play 2014 so it’s entirely possible a lot of those things were fixed but the issue is that they should’ve already been fixed.

Also the GTA comparison works because my arguement stems around whether the new game is worth its asking price. There were some that had major improvements and were, and others that barely added anything and weren’t.

Edit- Also losing the FCS schools and getting them replaced with Directional State blew.

13 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I loved them all but personally loved NCAA 06.

06 is the GOAT

I think people have crazy blinders on when looking at NCAA/Madden on the last two generations of consoles, because it's the only game in town. The gameplay is decent, but the character models and animation tech are really, really piss poor. They had good elements but I could just never get past how unlike real football it seemed. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, MacNCheeze said:

What do you mean was.  I still kill in dynasty mode 

I just started playing my dynasty again. Finished my fourth year with my fourth straight national title. Both of my coordinators got hired as head coaches, and guess who they got replaced with, Scott Frost and Brent Venables lol