Most Under-Rated Husker of All-Time

1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

LOL.  Currency trading is one of the hardest and most unpredictable trades you can make in the market.  Some of the smartest/best people in the world get it wrong A LOT.  You think some amateur is going to become an expert on something like that?

On another note, I know someone personally who is on the practice squad for the Rams and even sees some playing time and it's not all it's cut-out to be.

That's true too. Lucky said it was hard to find a place to stay, and always worrying about being injured and losing your income in an instance.

Plus some added expenses for flights/hotels/going back home and waiting for the next contract to pop up as those players bounce around more often than not.

A couple come to mind:  The first USBC-approved 900 occurred Feb. 2, 1997 when Jeremy Sonnenfeld rolled three consecutive perfect games (bowling) in Lincoln, Nebraska.  &  2006 Rock Paper Scissors champion is David McGill from Omaha, Nebraska. In a grueling 5 hour tournament at the House of Blues in the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas.  

On 1/31/2019 at 8:11 AM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Marlon Lucky. 

He gets lost in the shuffle because he was a Callahan guy, and three of the guys that followed him (Helu, Burkhead, and Abdullah) were three of the best in program history. The guy was pretty darn productive w/ 2400 rushing yards, and 1400 more receiving. 26 TDs.

Edit: To give you an idea of how close he was in production to the three I mentioned (Ameer was in a class of his own):

Abdullah -  5278 scrimmage yds - 46 TDs

Burkhead - 3836 scrimmage yds - 35 TDs

Helu Jr.  -    3905 scrimmage yds -  28 TDs

Lucky    -     3772 scrimmage yds - 26 TDs

I actually thought that the Callahan offense gave Marlon Lucky his best shot at an NFL career. I didn't think Lucky was great at hitting the hole, and never would have been the featured back on an Osborne team, but he became our leading receiver out of the backfield, and that may have been his best skill. You're right that his name doesn't come up often, but I'm not sure how many of the RBs on non-Callahan teams I'd replace with Lucky.  e.g. even Ozigbo.

Marlon Lucky came in as a high school superstar. He delivered less than expected, but it was still pretty damn good. 

• Fire 1

I think Jammal Lord for me too, although he seems to have gained favor in the years since he played.

My memory is that he seemed to have been scapegoated a heck of a lot for the 7-7 season.... nobody wants to be the guy who follows Crouch.

I recall the years immediately after Turner Gill were pretty lean offensively.

Lord was an option quarterback and he called his own number a lot. He piled up the yards but it was a brutal offense to watch. He probably had a better defense behind him than many of the qbs after him so I just don’t see giving Jammal more credit than he already has - one of Nebraska’s best rushing quarterbacks