Chicken Fried Steak/Pic

Roxy15

I made this for dinner last night and pie.  This is Pioneer Woman’s  recipe, it is my favorite. 

Chicken Fried Steak:

1-1/2 Cups Milk

2 Large Eggs

2 Cups Flour

2 Teaspoons Seasoned Salt

Freshly Ground Black Pepper

3/4 Teaspoons Paprika

1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

3-lbs. Cubed Steak

Kosher Salt

1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil 

1 Tablespoon Butter

Set up an assembly line of 3 pans.  I save aluminum pie pans and I use those pans, but, I use a large round glass dish to whisk the eggs and milk in.  I prepare the steaks ahead of time so all I have to do is fry them later.  I put each individual prepared cubed steak in an aluminum pan and cover the pan with foil and refrigerate them until it’s time to fry.

In the first pan, put the eggs and milk in; whisk well.

In the second pan, put flour, Seasoned Salt, 1-1:2 tsp. black pepper, paprika and cayenne; whisk.

Put the cubed steaks at the end-(3rd pan).

Work  with one cubed steak at a time.

Sprinkle both sides of cubed steak with Kosher Salt, black pepper-(to taste)-then put the steak in the flour mixture, turn to coat.  

Next, put the cubed steak into the milk/egg mixture-let each side of the meat sit in the mixture for awhile before turning to coat the other side!

Finally, place the meat back in the flour and turn to coat.  Steps are dry mixture/wet mixture/dry mixture.

Put each breaded steak in a pan seperately; repeat process with remaining steaks; cover pans with foil and refrigerate until ready to fry.

When  ready to fry, heat the oil

in a large skillet over medium heat; add the butter.  Drop in a few sprinkles of flour to make sure it’s sufficiently hot.  When the butter sizzles, you know it’s ready.  It shouldn’t brown right away, if it does, then the temperature is too hot.  Put the cubed steaks in; turn the heat down and cook until lightly brown in both sides.  They are more tender when you fry them low and slow!  I add more pepper and I sprinkle some garlic salt on each side as they are cooking.

39096C6C-5170-4482-B29E-DFBBCE145568.jpeg

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1