Fear of Hype/ Jinx

Alright, I love all of the preseason love Nebraska is getting, seeing national articles, a preseason top 25 ranking, all of it. But, and I may be alone here, with each article I read, I keep getting more and more nervous about our team next year. It seems that every year we get hype, or in particular one of our players get hyped, it ends bad for that player, and ultimately the team. Let's analyze. 

Tommy Armstrong - senior season injury

Jordan Westerkamp - senior season injury

Randy Gregory- tons of hype, senior season injury

Ameer Abullah - senior season injury

Rex Burkhead - senior season injury 

Taylor Martinez - senior season injury

the list goes on - each of these guys received a good amount of hype in the preseason before their injury, just to have their season cut short. 

Now Martinez is getting all this hype... whats with this jinx. Will we break it. 

• Plus1 1

For some reason, I thought it was worse than this for Abdullah. He only missed the rest of this game, 

Abdullah ran for only one yard on six carries before he was injured in the first quarter in a 35–14 win over the Purdue Boilermakers.[64] Pelini told reporters after the game that Abdullah had suffered a "mild" MCL sprain and bruise when he tried to recover a fumbled snap by the quarter back on a fourth down at the Purdue one-yard line. When asked, Pelini said that he was optimistic that Abdullah would be ready to play the Wisconsin Badgers on November 15, but he added he couldn't say for sure whether he would be able to play.[65]

Maybe it was my fear that he'd go back down, or the fact that I don't think he was quite the same in the following games that made me think it was worse. 

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, he was injured his freshman year, he played the remainder of that year, sophomore, junior and part of the senior year injured till it got so bad he couldn't play on it anymore.

He actually broke the arch in his foot.

He played in 13 games his rFR year. I would call that playing hurt. He only played in 4 games his SR season