Youngstown AD expects Bo Pelini to stay on as head coach

knapplc

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Ya know, dare makes the story more exciting....so let's say that.....

We can either argue what boils down to semantics or we can call a spade a spade. The guy issued a verbal challenge to his superiors to fire him. Call it a dare or don't, but, we all know what the intent was.

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, Enhance said:

We can either argue what boils down to semantics or we can call a spade a spade. The guy issued a verbal challenge to his superiors to fire him. Call it a dare or don't, but, we all know what the intent was.

Agree.

Doesn't even really matter about the semantics now.  I just think as much grief as Pelini is given sometimes, Perlman deserves a whole lot more......

12 hours ago, TheSker said:

I just think as much grief as Pelini is given sometimes, Perlman deserves a whole lot more......

I'll agree with Perlman deserving criticism for his handling of athletics. Most feel that way here.

But, Pelini had five years of significant administrative support at Nebraska, pretty much up until 2013. Some things that happened after that were unfortunate and unfair, but, some were also self-inflicted. I would argue he had five years to prove his value to the university and came up short in some incredibly tangible ways.

• Plus1 1