OT: selling my most prized Husker possession?

jauken

Just imagine how great it would be to make another Nebraska fan’s day *cough* JJ Husker *cough* by selling it very cheaply to someone who would love and cherish it. I promise it will give you a warm and fuzzy. Heck, I was even in attendance at the 97 Orange Bowl so it’s not like I’m some stranger to it. :D

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Just think how cool it would be for your son to actually see and touch the ring some day... rather than just having a story about it.

Trust me.  He has already held it.  After awesome awesome advice.  And my son saying it will help him remember me when he is old.   I’m gonna keep it.  

If if someone wants to hear the story of the ring.  I’ll share 

• Fire 1

14 years ago I always dreamed of having a piece of Nebraska.  I found a National championship ring for sale but was wary of a fake.  So I called Balfour.  Balfour confirmed ring was real and told me this story which my appraiser confirmed.  Apparently the ring is one of Lance Brown wr rings. Lane would tell Balfour he lost a ring then get a new one made and then sell it on line. He did this 3 times.  So if Nebraska 150 rings in 97 then that year they made 153.  Balfour stated it was 100 percent same as all the 97 rings.  Since lance did this the ncaa put in the Lance Brown rule where if u want to get ur broken or lost ring replacement you have to have athletic director permission.  So my appraiser finds this out and tells me that essentially this ring is priceless because it can’t be replaced by normal person.  All ncaa rings are with roughy 500$ in 10k gold but the intrinsic value of this ring with a National championship and the irreplaceable nature of it makes it more valuable.   Like a misprint of money at mint. 

• Plus1 2

Personally I'd sell it. It's just some metal and some rocks. The significance of it is the significance in your head and your heart, which definitely means something but at the end of the day, it's just a 'thing'. That's me, though. I've never placed huge value in things. Maybe all these responses will help you be able to evaluate what you do hold value in. Neither way is the wrong way. Just depends on what you care about and why. And obviously your financial situation and etc.

But I mean if you DO sell it at least wait another two-four years until Frost has us up high and it's worth more :P