Will NU hoops be in worse shape than when Miles took over?

I don't know what's in store for next year but the program overall will not be in worse shape than when Miles took over. It has always floundered in mediocrity and currently things are no different. If anything it seems fan interest and engagement is more than it has been, so that's good I guess.

• Plus1 1

Bill Moos has a tough decision to make about who will coach next year. I think it is obvious Tim M is not a BIG 10 coach.  His style fits the Mountain West which is to rain three's endlessly.  The smaller guards he recruited there get manhandled and pushed out of their comfort range by Power 5 players.  If Roby leaves we won't have anyone over about 6'6".  Doc Sadler had a team like that one year and while they did beat a ranked Texas and Kevin Durant team it isn't a recipe for success.  We are just starting to make inroads with several really good Nebraska kids and I don't know if that goes south if we fire Tim, but if we keep him it will be 2 years minimum before they get on the floor and a lot could go wrong before then.  Losing the fanbase would be harmful.  There are 3 good ( 6'6 or shorter)  recruits coming in next year. 

44 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Miles hasn't been stellar, but he was better than Doc Sadler. Big men once again will be missed - roster won't be awful IMO. 

Amir Harris

Jervay Green/Dachon Burke

Nana Akenten

Isaiah Roby

Brady Heiman

Thomas Allen

Karrington Davis 

Isnt his winning percentage worse than Doc Sadler?

• Plus1 3
Just now, BIG ERN said:

Overall career - Miles

At Nebraska - Doc

In B12/B10 games - Miles. To me this is more telling. Doc won 34% of his B12/B10 games. Miles has won 41% of those games. Sadler never made the tournament either 

I have wondered if making the dance when he did was good/bad for Miles.  I feel like it almost hurt him in terms of expectations.  

• Plus1 1

For the record IDC if we keep Miles or not. Just stating that I don't think he has been awful - also hasn't been good either. Similar to Duke football IMO - we have popped into the top 25 as being known for a football school, though not lately. Tough to win in basketball at Nebraska. There is a reason we are the only P5 school to never of won a tourney game 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Huskers will probably miss the dance...might might the NIT?

Next year they have zero players (I am assuming that all starters from this years team will be gone)

Could Husker basketball be looking at a 10 win season next year?

At this point I think Roby wont grade out well for NBA and will either be back or Grad transfer somewhere.

I think people are high on Dachon Burke.

The team will be fairly similar in terms of skill set. Lots of slashers, not true shooters really. I think Tom Allen could end up being a great leader for this team.

Again all of this will change if/when they fire Tim. It depends who they bring in to coach but I could see a mass exodus at that point... who really knows anymore.

I honestly have stopped caring. Tim Miles teams that have expectations and a target on their back are awful. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

For the record IDC if we keep Miles or not. Just stating that I don't think he has been awful - also hasn't been good either. Similar to Duke football IMO - we have popped into the top 25 as being known for a football school, though not lately. Tough to win in basketball at Nebraska. There is a reason we are the only P5 school to never of won a tourney game 

Not sure why it'd be harder to win here then at Kstate, Iowa or IowaSt. We have better/equal facilities and fan support along with similar demographics. Those three teams are in the hunt for the tournament nearly every year. 

4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not sure why it'd be harder to win here then at Kstate, Iowa or IowaSt. We have better/equal facilities and fan support along with similar demographics. Those three teams are in the hunt for the tournament nearly every year. 

Agree!  Miles has had time to figure out how to win in the Big10.  Look what Borcht is doing.  YOU NEED A BIG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!    Not to mention his Xs & Os are questionable.

15 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Iowa has had better basketball in-state and has for a long time in comparison to Nebraska. That's even with the top players rarely staying in-state like Barnes, Hinrich, Collison, LaFrentz, Paige, Korver etc. Even have DJ Carton for next year (28th overall) heading to Ohio St. 70th overall player in McCaffrey next year as well going to IA. 20' Xavier Foster is 26th overall