Will NU hoops be in worse shape than when Miles took over?

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Iowa has had better basketball in-state and has for a long time in comparison to Nebraska. That's even with the top players rarely staying in-state like Barnes, Hinrich, Collison, LaFrentz, Paige, Korver etc. Even have DJ Carton for next year (28th overall) heading to Ohio St. 70th overall player in McCaffrey next year as well going to IA. 20' Xavier Foster is 26th overall 

I actually think we stack up as far as 2019-2021 classes. However, I get your point. 

I think KState and IowaSt are probably the best comparisons, imo. I threw Iowa in to have a third. 

4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I actually think we stack up as far as 2019-2021 classes. However, I get your point. 

I think KState and IowaSt are probably the best comparisons, imo. I threw Iowa in to have a third. 

I meant the state of Iowa, not the Hawkeyes. But I def see the point you are making 

5 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

At this point I think Roby wont grade out well for NBA and will either be back or Grad transfer somewhere.

I think people are high on Dachon Burke.

The team will be fairly similar in terms of skill set. Lots of slashers, not true shooters really. I think Tom Allen could end up being a great leader for this team.

Again all of this will change if/when they fire Tim. It depends who they bring in to coach but I could see a mass exodus at that point... who really knows anymore.

I honestly have stopped caring. Tim Miles teams that have expectations and a target on their back are awful. 

I agree that Robey should be back. His hesitancy has not gotten better and he needs another year.

I Also think with Burke and Thomas being joined by Green, it would give us an opportunity to be a guard -heavy running team that would be a more exiting brand to watch. The other two commits might have to play considerable minutes as well.

No, it won’t be in worse shape because Miles is a far better recruiter... assuming recruits stick around.

You still have to land a good coach though and the argument some of you guys are making about Nebraska talent doesn’t make that much difference in basketball.

Ok State has had good teams as has K State and other programs with similar locations.

A good coach will attract enough players.

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

there has been seven years of this scenario to incorporate this plan and well........

I'm not suggesting TM will pull it off, but there is a chasm between planning and execution. Even the erstwhile "Doc Sad" said at his opening presser that they will be up and down the court so fast the patrons will think they are witnessing a tennis match. Many have promised, but no one (sans Nee) have actually followed through.

• Fire 1

I think there is 2 pieces to the conversation. 

1. Outside of conjecture and excuses- have we been any better the last 7 years in wins and losses compared to doc Sadler? The answer is no. He maintained the pathetic tradition. 

2. Will he be leaving it in a worse position? I say yes. Your either getting better or your getting worse there is no staying the same. SO will we be in good shape next year with the talent we have? No we will be in trouble and the new coach needs to flip the roster fast. Or develop better what we have. 

K-St is a traditionally good program.  Iowa St has been good since the Johnny Orr days in the 80's.  I think there is several arguements that can be had on this subject.  Is the Big 10 better than the Big 12 or reverse?  For the last 7 seasons I would say that they are pretty much equal.........top to middle.  Bottom teams in the Big 10 I think are worse than the bottom teams in the Big 12.  Neither or either way really has much impact on Sadler vs Miles, but its hard to compare either one when they are in different worlds.

Doc didn't have the Pinnacle BAnk Arena for recruiting either..........just can't compare the two.  X's and O's Doc was better.  Players were more disciplined.  

PBA has added such value to Big Red recruiting.  

I think that Miles will leave the program in better shape than he found it, but that might actually depend on facilities than actual coaching.  So its hard to even compare stages in program right now.  PBA is the deal maker for Miles and his tenure.  

43 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think there is 2 pieces to the conversation. 

1. Outside of conjecture and excuses- have we been any better the last 7 years in wins and losses compared to doc Sadler? The answer is no. He maintained the pathetic tradition. 

2. Will he be leaving it in a worse position? I say yes. Your either getting better or your getting worse there is no staying the same. SO will we be in good shape next year with the talent we have? No we will be in trouble and the new coach needs to flip the roster fast. Or develop better what we have. 

I'm not standing up for miles, but the only reason doc had a better record was due to the week non conference schedule.  Miles is by far a better coach than doc. And yes miles has taken the huskers as far as he can

From the outside looking in I believe the overall program is stronger.  From facilities to media perception, we are cast in a little better light these days which should make recruiting easier.  If we have a good hire, they should be able to find success here as easy as any other team in our region.  I also don't believe it's doom and gloom for next season if we bring in the right coach asap.  Basketball isn't like football- the right freshman can make a huge difference.  Bottom line no matter what TM has to go.  I believe that decision has already been made and BM is hunting the right guy to take the next step for our program.  

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but I have always thought Nebraska should not have fired Moe Iba. His teams, as I recall them,

were well-disciplined and although usually out-talented they were always competitive. Fans, however, demanded "exciting" basketball

(run and gun stuff). Iba actually raised the program up to NCAA entry and, I think, could have continued that and built a program with

a defined culture (sort of like K-State has managed over the years). Nee was good following, but after him it seems just to be a run of

mediocre teams with a fool-you-early and late-collapse seasons. Also, Nebraska has not adjusted well to being in the Big Ten, which is

a tougher conference top to bottom than the Big 8-Big 12 was (last year excepted). There is probably as much talent on this present team

or more than most of the teams over the past 20 years or so.