Bar Wars in Lincoln

1 hour ago, dankebe said:

I don't do much bar hopping any more but if I am in the mood for a beer I always hit up HopCat.  Easy to get to and to my knowledge it has the best selection around.

I hope that place has improved over the years. I went there twice in the first year it opened and had bad experiences both times. The first time, they didn't check on our table ever, brought drinks to half our table and not the other, and they were always out of beers they had listed on their menu. The second time was much the same except it was only four of us.

That was more than three years ago, though.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Uh oh, story time???

The Bar The Bar is a total Greek bar so I can see how if you were not in a house you would not like it as much but I have been there recently on game day and it was fun.

It was a while ago but basically...

@Landlord went on a date wearing a canadien tuxedo and the girl wasnt feeling it,so instead of just going her separate way, she texted the owner to remove him... or something like that.

I one time wasnt let in because I was wearing a Twins Jersey and apparently they have a "no gang style clothing" policy and a chubby white kid wearing a Twins jersey fit that I guess.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I hope that place has improved over the years. I went there twice in the first year it opened and had bad experiences both times. The first time, they didn't check on our table ever, brought drinks to half our table and not the other, and they were always out of beers they had listed on their menu. The second time was much the same except it was only four of us.

That was more than three years ago, though.

I go 1-2 times a month and just sit at the bar.  It's always crazy busy in there so I could see a table being forgotten about a little.

10 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

It was a while ago but basically...

@Landlord went on a date wearing a canadien tuxedo and the girl wasnt feeling it,so instead of just going her separate way, she texted the owner to remove him... or something like that.

I one time wasnt let in because I was wearing a Twins Jersey and apparently they have a "no gang style clothing" policy and a chubby white kid wearing a Twins jersey fit that I guess.

I remember that now!  Dude, that had to have been one horrible date!

On game day I pretty much cut all the bars slack if the service is slow but for the most part it never seems all that bad.

Any Karaoke fans? Karaoke with the live band at Duffy's back in the day was fun (what was the band called, s#!thook, I think). Away from downtown, frequently went to Neighbors and El Matador for karaoke. Seedy places, I know they tore down Neighbors quite a few years ago.

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

My favorite Lincoln Bars: 

1. Sandy's

2. Duffy's

3. Main Street (just don't fall on the sticky floor)

4. Barrymore's

5. The Starlight (for various reasons of the non-drinking variety)

My absolute favorite bar in college was The Watering Hole on O, but they completely ruined it when they redesigned in back in the early 2010s. I loved that place; it was a giant hole in the wall with fantastic wings and nachos, and you could escape 99% of the idiots that were downtown. 

IIRC wasn't the Watering Hole on P street? At least it was when I went to college and that's what their T-shirts said...

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Best O Street bars circa 2000

4) Some 2 story Irish Pub I can't recall the name of that isn't there anymore (looks like it might now be called The Fat Toad now)

Micky’s.

my friends and I were in far to good with the owner there.  Many a long night partying in his condo downtown with the waitresses and staff after hours

25 cent taco night at Knickerbockers.  So many great bands were seen in that dump.

teach-can you still play NES at Main Street????

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Micky’s.

my friends and I were in far to good with the owner there.  Many a long night partying in his condo downtown with the waitresses and staff after hours

Bingo

We just had an "in" with a bartender at Iggy's.  We'd start a "tab" at the beginning of the night, drink there for about 4 hours, then each give her a $20 at the end of the night.

• Fire 1